Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

So if we sell Mitro for £20m what will the excuse be for not spending £20m on a new striker I wonder.

They pay us £20m over three years and we only pay up front. So we have £7m for a new striker. And thats before agent fees and wages.

So if we sell Mitro for £20m what will the excuse be for not spending £20m on a new striker I wonder.

Doubt 20 would even get us a good enough striker. I'd say 25-30. Not that we'd spend the millions anyway..

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not a fan of Mitrovic and even I think £20m is daylight robbery in the current market like.

Fulham will finish ahead of us and mitrovic will outscore any of our strikers.

Yep, agree with this. They're trying.

5/1 for us to go down with wolves 9/1, almost twice as likely to go down than a promoted team.  :lol:

Wolves fans must be buzzing right now.

Guest firetotheworks

As things stand our top scorer is only likely to get around 5 so it's not a ringing endorsement of Mitrovic or owt like. :lol: I'm at the point now where I'll actually be shocked if we sign a striker at all.

As things stand our top scorer is only likely to get around 5 so it's not a ringing endorsement of Mitrovic or owt like. :lol: I'm at the point now where I'll actually be shocked if we sign a striker at all.

Player, never mind striker.

Those of you who are "underwhelmed" at the prospect of Rondon, I fear you ain't seen nothing yet.

It'll be some absolute shite like Hal Robson Kanu on deadline day, Rafa being told that or nothing.

They pay us £20m over three years and we only pay up front. So we have £7m for a new striker. And thats before agent fees and wages.

Don't forget the other £13m magically disappears, as well as the remaining contract years budgeted into his acquistion in the first place.

Considering what he did for them for a small loan fee, it hardly seems like an excessive amount. We should have been looking for another 5m, might seem like buttons but not with what Rafa is dealing with.

Why were no other clubs in for him though?

Considering what he did for them for a small loan fee, it hardly seems like an excessive amount. We should have been looking for another 5m, might seem like buttons but not with what Rafa is dealing with.

Why were no other clubs in for him though?

what was the loan fee?

Looks like they aren't that desperate to get him in, so much for the £30m talk a while back, they won't even go to £20m.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-left-sweating-aleksandar-14942598

Newcastle United are sweating on Aleksandar Mitrovic ’s £20million move to Fulham after the Cottagers were today linked with Brazilian striker Willian Jose.

Mitrovic wanted his future sorted last week before an awkward and unwanted link-up back at United’s Benton base this Wednesday.

But a deal has still not been agreed with the Craven Cottage side and Mitrovic is now 48 hours away from returning to Tyneside.

Mitrovic has been on holiday after his efforts for Serbia at the World Cup finals in Russia with the striker granted extra time off for playing in the tournament.

Mitrovic does not have a future under Rafa Benitez but Fulham - who have been dealing with managing director Lee Charnley on the deal - are now considering other options.

Fulham have bid £26million for Jose and the Real Sociedad star is keen on the move to England.

Were the sale of Mitrovic to collapse it would be a hammer blow for Benitez who knows he has to sell to buy as long as a contract extension isn’t agreed. Mitrovic was a target of Anderlecht earlier in the summer but no deal could be agreed.

Looks like they aren't that desperate to get him in, so much for the £30m talk a while back, they won't even go to £20m.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-left-sweating-aleksandar-14942598

Newcastle United are sweating on Aleksandar Mitrovic ’s £20million move to Fulham after the Cottagers were today linked with Brazilian striker Willian Jose.

Mitrovic wanted his future sorted last week before an awkward and unwanted link-up back at United’s Benton base this Wednesday.

But a deal has still not been agreed with the Craven Cottage side and Mitrovic is now 48 hours away from returning to Tyneside.

Mitrovic has been on holiday after his efforts for Serbia at the World Cup finals in Russia with the striker granted extra time off for playing in the tournament.

Mitrovic does not have a future under Rafa Benitez but Fulham - who have been dealing with managing director Lee Charnley on the deal - are now considering other options.

Fulham have bid £26million for Jose and the Real Sociedad star is keen on the move to England.

Were the sale of Mitrovic to collapse it would be a hammer blow for Benitez who knows he has to sell to buy as long as a contract extension isn’t agreed. Mitrovic was a target of Anderlecht earlier in the summer but no deal could be agreed.

Suspect it's just negotiation tactics. They know we need the cash (well we wouldn't, but with Ashley pocketing club money then we do), and they know he fits their system.

Well fancy that. Plead poverty and other clubs smell blood. Difficult to foresee.

I'm shocked that clubs have cottoned on to this genius tactic. It had been working so well.

At least no one is stupid enough to claim we get good value when selling players these days. The likes of Carroll, Sissoko and Wijnaldum very much the anomalies over the past decade of these scumbags.

Fully agree. He may very well be close to being skint but playing the poor mouth only serves to pour blood into the shark tank.

It screams fire sale. Why would any club offer the going rate when they know the club will take less. Our first two sales, how much did Merino leave for?! And then Mbemba?

Both players who could have gone on to decent things, however I believe Rafa has the ultimate say on players leaving and coming in (in that the club won’t sell a player without his permission or buy players he doesn’t want. So you have to trust his judgement on this.

Mbemba in particular.. sell him for about half of what we paid for him? Makes no sense given his age. Plenty of time to learn and improve.