Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

I just think they should apply the law as it's written, so it had to be deliberate.

True but it's never been implemented as it's written. There are so many given when a player can't get his hand out of the way when the ball is hit from close range.

It'll never be good enough whatever rules are followed imo. Like so many things it's a ref opinion thing, in the split second he gets to see it from whatever angle he has at the time.

Just seen the mackem game where the defender has deliberately shot his hand up in the air without another player in sight and flicked it pretty blatantly. Far worse than the Sissoko tussle, but these decisions only seem to go against us.

That one that went against Mbemba in the Man Utd game was quite similar. Where he stuck his arm out and Fellaini headed it onto it.

Reasonably strong arguments for both claims but it's such a shitty way to concede a penalty.

Mike f***ing Dean spotted that handball yesterday yet couldn't see the handball in Norwich's winner against us. He's an attention seeking c***.

This.

Although the hand is in a more 'obvious' position for handball, I don't see any contact. O'Neill(?) against us quite clearly handballed TWICE in the buildup to that winner. He's a fucking imbecile.

Hero for the pen save yesterday. Suddenly not looking like an idiot even with that awful haircut.  :lol:

Like Lascells, hope he keeps improving and making a difference.

Reading Norwich and Sunderland forums, people actually seem to the Cabaye missed on purpose :lol:

I've just had a butchers on rtg. It's not even one or two of them saying Cabaye missed on purpose, it's damn near everyone. ? 

Oh and they think John Terry would be a realistic summer signing.

Reading Norwich and Sunderland forums, people actually seem to the Cabaye missed on purpose :lol:

To be fair like, I'm half tempted to agree with them :lol:

Such an absolutely weak penalty, Darlow wouldn't have dived the other way because it was hit with so little power he had the opportunity to wait to see which direction the ball was heading.

After the penalty when he walked over to take a corner, there was a clear smirk on his face like. Whether that was related I don't know, but seemed odd after he just missed a penalty.

Such an absolutely weak penalty, Darlow wouldn't have dived the other way because it was hit with so little power he had the opportunity to wait to see which direction the ball was heading.

After the penalty when he walked over to take a corner, there was a clear smirk on his face like. Whether that was related I don't know, but seemed odd after he just missed a penalty.

Darlow had made his mind up on which direction he was going before Cabaye struck it.

Darlow had made his mind up on which direction he was going before Cabaye struck it.

Agree with Figures here like,Cabaye is a football technician man.Hes smashed in free kicks from fuckin miles away,penalties are a doddle. Cabaye took that penalty half arsed.

Cabaye wanted to score, he hit that shot in the first half hard enough and he's ready to celebrate when he takes that penalty, he has to stop himself when he realises that Darlow saves it. I think Cabaye tries to give Darlow the eyes as he definitely looks to Darlow's right before he takes it.

Agree with Figures here like,Cabaye is a football technician man.Hes smashed in free kicks from fuckin miles away,penalties are a doddle. Cabaye took that penalty half arsed.

It might have been half arsed but my point was that Darlow had chosen his side before the ball was struck so how he struck it was largely irrelevant cos the keeper guessed right in a 50/50 shout. KD get's that wrong and it looks a decent pen imho.

Yup, when I played as a keeper I always picked a direction before it was kicked. I always found you had to start making your dive as soon as the ball is struck because if you don't and it's well hit you're screwed.

If he wanted to miss on purpose he would have deliberately skied it then pretended there was a divot or something. No chance he missed on purpose ffs :lol:

:thup: He would've stuck it wide imho.