Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

I said earlier in the year we should just put Woodman in goal and most people here disagreed, i really don't think he is any worse than the two who already played this season and he will only get better, they won't.

I said similar. I'd have made him number 2 at the start of the season personally and gave him the chance when it came along. Was also shot down.

I think Elliot saves the first and doesn't flap at the crosses.

He's let a couple of soft ones in, but wasn't as ropey as Darlow. The team is struggling enough for confidence as it is without Darlow adding to it.

He doesn’t flap at crosses. Because he is always rooted to his line.

Both keepers are not up to standard. Whether it is Eliot or Darlow. We are struggling either way and both are going to throw goals in that Prem level keepers should/would be saving.

I think Elliot saves the first and doesn't flap at the crosses.

He's let a couple of soft ones in, but wasn't as ropey as Darlow. The team is struggling enough for confidence as it is without Darlow adding to it.

He doesn’t flap at crosses. Because he is always rooted to his line.

Both keepers are not up to standard. Whether it is Eliot or Darlow. We are struggling either way and both are going to throw goals in that Prem level keepers should/would be saving.

Darlow should stick to his line given how shit he is at catching the ball

Guest Howaythetoon

We are conceding goals and cannot just throw a 20 year old kid into that kind of environment because it could shatter his confidence. They are judged on clean sheets like strikers are judged on goals.

We are conceding goals and cannot just throw a 20 year old kid into that kind of environment because it could shatter his confidence. They are judged on clean sheets like strikers are judged on goals.

He's 20 now. Two years older than Krul was when he broke into our 1st team. He's gained great experince with England, representing them at 6 different levels, culminating with him winning the World Cup and also the Golden Glove award for being the best Keeper in the tournament. Our 2 senior goalkeepers are hopeless, Darlow has conceded 11 goals in 4 games this season. If he's not getting a chance now I don't see when he ever will.

As has been pointed out before, it didn't do Jordan Pickford any harm. Though he had more first team football under his belt I guess.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's 20 now. Two years older than Krul was when he broke into our 1st team. He's gained great experince with England, representing them at 6 different levels, culminating with him winning the World Cup and also the Golden Glove award for being the best Keeper in the tournament. Our 2 senior goalkeepers are hopeless, Darlow has conceded 11 goals in 4 games this season. If he's not getting a chance now I don't see when he ever will.

It’s not as simple as that though. He may be better than what we have, but he alone won’t prevent the goals going in and I’d rather protect a prodigious talent than throw him in at the deep end. I’d actually bring Elliott back in, because he seems more self confident than Darlow and that little bit extra may just help. Ideally in January we bring in an experienced goalkeeper...

Guest Howaythetoon

As has been pointed out before, it didn't do Jordan Pickford any harm. Though he had more first team football under his belt I guess.

It didn’t no, and he stood out for the mackems and got a big money move. He’s an average ‘keeper for me though. I’d just rather not throw in a young ‘keeper while we are conceding so many as I’d hate for his potential to be damaged. Give him a run out at home to Luton and if we get another canny tie in the next round if we beat Luton, give him another run out. Ideally he should be out on loan.

I'd still take the chance and put him in. He's 21 in a couple of months time so it's hardly like he's a baby and I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity of getting a bit of a run in the 1st team.

Looking at it from his perspective I'd be thinking that I can't get a game ahead of those 2 planks there's probably not much future for me at the club, especially considering it's surely a position Rafa will be strengthening next month.

For comparison although different positions, Solanke has played 9 times in the PL for liverpool and he's 20. Played 25 games out on loan the exact same number as woodman.

Only one start, which is the only comparative measure really, as you don't bring on a new 'keeper for the last 5 minutes.

It’s not as simple as that though. He may be better than what we have, but he alone won’t prevent the goals going in and I’d rather protect a prodigious talent than throw him in at the deep end. I’d actually bring Elliott back in, because he seems more self confident than Darlow and that little bit extra may just help. Ideally in January we bring in an experienced goalkeeper...

Made this point before but much more young kids get ruined by not playing than those that do

Woodman should really have spent more time on loan by this stage. We have used the loan system more with our players BUT ideally you want your keepers to get a decent amount of games under their belt.

Having said that both Elliot and Darlow have struggled at times so I'd probably risk it and give Woodman a go unless of course we can get an experienced keeper in as soon as the window opens.

Darlow will probably find himself dropped after that. Only problem is I don't think Elliott would have saved it either, he was really slow to get down for one of the goals we conceded against Man U.

Guest firetotheworks

Some people have short memories on Elliot. He's let in plenty similar or easier in his time here - Craig Noone in the FA Cup was quite similar.

Not necessarily, but it's easier to advocate the alternative when Darlow did it just yesterday and his obvious mistakes are more obvious and more prevalent.

Made this point before but much more young kids get ruined by not playing than those that do

Yeah a good point, to be honest I'm sick of reading he's not ready. Be it a GK or any player in other positions, when will a player be ready then ? 22, 23, 24 it's ridiculous. If they're good enough then they should play.