Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

“It was a great day and I was really proud to hear the crowd clapping and shouting my name.” “I was glad to be able to get out onto the pitch and help the team.”

“I have only ever played there (right-back) once before, for Anderlecht, and never since, but I am happy to play anywhere the coach and team need me to.”  “I can’t tell you how I did though – it is up to the coaches and the fans to tell you that.”

“The team played quite well and we managed the first half pretty well. However, in football when you get chances you have to take them and maybe we missed a few of our opportunities.”

“Monchengladbach had one chance and took it. That was the difference and I know we will work hard this week to put that right.” “But we can take confidence from our performance against a team who will be playing in the Champions League.”

“The Premier League season is just around the corner and we went out there and played well against a very good side. It has given us confidence to take into next weekend.”

“I wasn’t too surprised because everyone I have spoken to since arriving here has told me what the atmosphere and noise is like when the stadium gets going,”

“This was just a friendly match and obviously wasn’t full but hopefully in the first game of the season we will see a full stadium with everyone really behind us, and that will be important to drive us on as a team.”

I'm not sure where Anderlecht compare in terms of start of season but I suspect that Mbemba is a little bit off in terms of fitness, especially with the number of training sessions he has probably missed.

So a wise manager will probably be resting him until he's got the preseason minutes under his belt.

Whilst this is frustrating now it will be better for club and player in terms of future fitness and injuries.

So unfortunately a weak defence will probably play this weekend and for the next few weeks.

Which is a shame but it is the best the management can do under the timescales they were given.

http://www.rsca.be/en/news/chancel-mbemba-newcastle-united?

RSC Anderlecht and Newcastle United reached an agreement on the definitive transfer of Chancel Mbemba on Thursday 30 July 2015. The Congolese defender has been playing for the Purple & White since 2011 and, two years later, he made his debut in the first team. In 77 matches, Mbemba scored nine times. In 2014, he took the national title and the Supercup with RSC Anderlecht. The club wishes Chancel good luck with his further football career. Thanks for everything, Chancel !

Nice touch.

They have made a very good impression. Better than the twats at Montpellier certainly.

I'm not sure where Anderlecht compare in terms of start of season but I suspect that Mbemba is a little bit off in terms of fitness, especially with the number of training sessions he has probably missed.

So a wise manager will probably be resting him until he's got the preseason minutes under his belt.

Whilst this is frustrating now it will be better for club and player in terms of future fitness and injuries.

So unfortunately a weak defence will probably play this weekend and for the next few weeks.

Which is a shame but it is the best the management can do under the timescales they were given.

He's done pretty much a full pre-season with Anderlecht, the Belgian Pro League started on July 24th / 25th.

I'm gonna love The Chancellor like, the tux sealed it before I even saw him play

:thup: Still need a proper beast to partner him. Unless Schteve is going small all season.

we need a commanding organiser as much as anything, i can't believe the defending against that free kick yoshida fucked up / krul saved right before we scored, it was absolutely shambolic