Newcastle United 2 - 2 Southampton - 09/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 46

Dave

First half performance a breath of fresh air we are asking a lot of questions of the opposition and getting a variety of balls into the box.

Big worries are them getting crosses in from the right and we have also lacked dominance in the centre.

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

Anyway, HT: decent start of the campaign.

Still need good positioning, good strikers make their own luck and all that

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

:lol:

Stop being so biased, man.

Unfortunately there's no way Haidara can really come off given the options we have on the bench, as he really has been utterly shocking (cross for the goal aside).

I'd like to see Aarons on at half time for Obertan and Mitrovic around 65-70 for Cisse.

I like that we're playing the ball around the back but I don't trust them not to fuck it up, I'm so nervous watching them :lol:

Phew, that wasn't utterly terrible. Quite enjoying it, in fact.

Draw's fair, we're ropey at the back. So much more focused going forward though, even without forcing many out-and-out chances.

That was a vaguely entertaining half of football and that's the first time I've thought that about one of our home games in about three or four years.

I'm actually enjoying this. Refreshing.

This. Enjoying watching us  :smitten:

Half time positives and negatives

+ Much better footy than before

+ Wijnaldum was great early (though has faded already)

+ Janmaat and Sissoko look on form

+ Despite his goal error think Mbemba has looked confident on the ball, and has relieved pressure by carrying it forward into space

- Defense look shakey, caught out by crosses in

- Anita and Colback not entirely convincing, keeping possession ok but Anita has passed to the opposition in dangerous places way too often (I think he will sharpen this up mind, this is rarely his problem)

- Need to take our chances, not sure we're still quite making enough as we should

- Obertan I know is terrible but Haidara hasn't looked great, thought people were a bit harsh to dissmiss him as our main LB but starting to agree we need a new one.

Haidara needs to wake the f*** up and learn how to defend.

And to handle a fucking ball! Absolutely shit imo.

He's been piss poor whenever I've seen him throughout pre-season as well.

Guest Gomez

Not too bad considering we're playing with eleven minus however many you discount for Obertan.

Need to get Aarons on, that right back would have been off the pitch before the half hour if he'd been on instead of Space Raider...