Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

Squad: more than adequate for mid-table.

Right.

I stand by that. With the right manager it is, no doubt in my mind.

There's so much more to it than McClaren, man.

I'm talking midtable, not top 6 or something? Would you have West Brom's squad over ours? Leicester's? Villa's? Stoke's? Our squad is flawed, seriously flawed even, but your average, midtable Premier League club doesn't have a significantly better or deeper squad than ours in my opinion. That's not just true today, it's true for the past three to four years of unmitigated failure where three consecutive managers have failed to get it playing at its potential, let alone have it be more than the sum of its parts.

De Jong so far off the pace it was awful. Wijnaldum was terrible and kept hiding. Obertan started off pretty well then we decided to never give him the ball. Anita playing 3rd centre back was at its worst tonight.

No interviews as of yet, hopefully they're getting battered in the dressing room.

As if they give a f***! :lol:

As with life in general, there's a thin line between tragedy and comedy.

I guess this is the case and that's why you're laughing at this.

Don't ask. I know what you want to know. What am I doing, right?

So let me tell you, my good friend, I came to the shopping mall to have dinner with my girl and I'm doing a quick check-in at the Apple Store just to check LiveScore.com out to see NUFC's result. For dinner, I ate some fusion fast food crap called "salmon burger" which tasted like a mix of rotten tuna and cat p*ss.

McLaren shouting a bit in the changing room isn't going to rid the club of its complete lack of ambition to do anything other than exist. Too much energy is wasted commenting on McLaren/Carr/Charnley etc. when everyone is compromised by the fat man above them.

I don't think they are blameless but we'll be having the same debates about their replacements in the future if Ashley is still in charge (we had the same debates about Pardew/Kinnear/Llambias).

Ashley is problem full stop. The sooner every single one of our fans realises this, the closer we will be to becoming a real club again. Sadly, after almost nine years the penny still hasn't dropped with some.

McLaren shouting a bit in the changing room isn't going to rid the club of its complete lack of ambition to do anything other than exist. Too much energy is wasted commenting on McLaren/Carr/Charnley etc. when everyone is comprised by the fat man above them.

I don't think they are blameless but we'll be having the same debates about their replacements in the future if Ashley is still in charge (we had the same debates about Pardew/Kinnear/Llambias).

Ashley is problem full stop. The sooner every single one of our fans realises this, the closer we will be to becoming a real club again. Sadly, after almost nine years the penny still hasn't dropped with some.

:thup:

No interviews as of yet, hopefully they're getting battered in the dressing room.

As if they give a f***! :lol:

As with life in general, there's a thin line between tragedy and comedy.

I guess this is the case and that's why you're laughing at this.

Don't ask. I know what you want to know. What am I doing, right?

So let me tell you, my good friend, I came to the shopping mall to have dinner with my girl and I'm doing a quick check-in at the Apple Store just to check LiveScore.com out to see NUFC's result. For dinner, I ate some fusion fast food crap called "salmon burger" which tasted like a mix of rotten tuna and cat p*ss.

:lol: