Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool - 6/12/15 post match reaction from page 24

Greg

Great and unexpected win. So pleased to upset the odds and all the pundits who along with the rest of the country watched in anticipation of our humiliation.  F**k you merson especially for your comment yesterday.  This club never cease to amaze.  Frustrating how they turn the effort on and off for certain games though. It'll make a nice change to wake up happy on a Monday morning.

Great and unexpected win. So pleased to upset the odds and all the pundits who along with the rest of the country watched in anticipation of our humiliation.  F**k you merson especially for your comment yesterday.  This club never cease to amaze.  Frustrating how they turn the effort on and off for certain games though. It'll make a nice change to wake up happy on a Monday morning.

:thup:

I was fearing the worst, then I saw Coutinho was out and they were playing both Lucas and the Welsh Xavi. A nothing midfield to rival our own. I was tempted to post on here that we might do all right but didn't want to jinx it.

Poor, scrappy game on the whole, but we competed much better and got some luck. Shocking miss by Benteke first half, our deflected goal, and their disallowed one. Liverpool hardly worked Eliot all game though, so I doubt neutrals would have much sympathy.

I haven't see the stats but was it two goals from one shot on target? There is still plenty of work to do.

This result shows why I never forecast results...esp with NUFC.

Suspect Sissoko pulled his pudding out because he was playing against a side he would like to sign him and in any case, he would show other top sides what he could do when in the mood..Gini is always likely to get a goal and he also is going to be a target for top sides after producing a decent number in his first PL season.

I suspect things may well return to normal service next week, but it is always satisfying to see the media(who love Liverpool with a passion)and the smug pundits get their noses rubbed in it.

A brief oasis in a season of total desert.....

Thought we did alright.  We didn't create too much but we seemed solid and well organised.

The effort and commitment was night and day from the Palace debacle though, that was nice to see.  Thought de Jong was a high point.  He's possibly a little one paced but he seems good technically and most importantly for me he was a leader on the pitch, something we've been missing for a long long time.  I'd keep him in the side just for that.

Lovely actually being able to take the piss out of my Liverpool supporting brother after a game with them too :D

IMO Sissoko was timid and downright pitiful in the first half. Grew into the game when it looked like we could get something. Tells a lot about his own belief in the team, that he only really started to play when he felt we could maybe come out of it with a point or a win.

Wijnaldum actually played the full 90 minutes for a change.

Cisse was excellent up front on his own. De Jong had some good moments but clearly needs to play much more football before getting back any kind of sharpness.

Colback was alright and Anita a little better.

Dummett wasn't as bad as usual. Janmaat much better than recent performances.

Mbemba and Colo did the simple stuff well, and Elliott came out for everything.

As someone said earlier, I didn't celebrate the first goal but went batshit mental when the second went in.

Lucas, Allen and Firmino are w***. Love Klopp, hate Liverpool. More important than the 3 points was the fact that I didn't have to watch Sturridge do his wank celebration.

IMO Sissoko was timid and downright pitiful in the first half. Grew into the game when it looked like we could get something. Tells a lot about his own belief in the team, that he only really started to play when he felt we could maybe come out of it with a point or a win.

Wijnaldum actually played the full 90 minutes for a change.

Cisse was excellent up front on his own. De Jong had some good moments but clearly needs to play much more football before getting back any kind of sharpness.

Colback was alright and Anita a little better.

Dummett wasn't as bad as usual. Janmaat much better than recent performances.

Mbemba and Colo did the simple stuff well, and Elliott came out for everything.

As someone said earlier, I didn't celebrate the first goal but went batshit mental when the second went in.

Lucas, Allen and Firmino are w***. Love Klopp, hate Liverpool. More important than the 3 points was the fact that I didn't have to watch Sturridge do his w*** celebration.

Perhaps he's gone back to Pardball? Players will be more used to it and we used to get the odd result like this. Didn't see the game like so that might be bollocks.

Yeah you're right. That's bollocks :thup:

It was a performance today straight out of the Pardew handbook in terms of style being defend, defend, defend, sucker punch.

In your face Lenny!