Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 19/12/15 (5:30PM kick off - live on Sky Sports)

xLiaaamx

Reminds me of when Pardew said QPR was 'a really difficult place to come' when they were bottom of the league, relegated, and possessing the worst home record in English football.

didn't he also say how good reading were and that they would easily survive.....

If we beat Villa we have turned a corner to make it 3 wins on the trot in god knows how long. But it would be so us and so typical of this s**** season that we draw or lose it.

It's fine to play the game down in the media and to the players to a degree that we can't take it for granted, but we shouldn't expect anything less than a convincing win.

why? every game as we well know needs full effort to get any win, i never ever count on anything with us.

Well given the team has just beaten two good sides back to back you have to mitigate for being over confident or taking your foot off the gas against a side that struggling. It's been noted a few times this season we've put in more effort against some of the better sides than we have the lesser ones.

Not just this season, it's been our MO for a while now and needs to be put to bed if we're to progress as a team under McClaren.

Been having a peak over the wall at what the Villa fans are saying.

Subject: I'm almost as nervous for the Newcastle game as I was for the cup final.

I think if we win this, it proves to the players we can actually win games and we can get some points on the board against the teams around us in the upcoming weeks.

Anything but a win and it's goodbye first division football.

Completely agree, biggest game for Villa in a long time. Season defining game, actually more. The outcome will determine Villa's future as a club for years to come.

At least the game is in the afternoon and will certainly be televised across the world so everyone (with TV) can watch it.

McClaren is right in that Villa look okay going forward. Their defending is poor.

It'll be a very different game from the last two, in that in all probability it'll be a matter of breaking their defence down rather than relying on counter-attack. For that reason, I'd want to use Mitro's power in the air.

Well, that's not the only reason. Cisse has looked a bit more committed recently but I still don't think he offers us enough.

Joint lowest scorers in the league.

I get people not forgiving Villa for their behaviour when we went down, but I'm not certain the reaction would be different by other clubs if they put us down instead.

All footy fans of other clubs found it hilarious when we got relegated.

Quote me examples of opposition fans doing what the villa fans did? (Other than rivals)

I hold footballing grudges as long as anyone, and I was at Villa Park when we went down, but I don't care about Villa. Howking them 6-0 on the first day back was more than enough satisfaction to put that one to bed.

Feel far more long-standing bitterness towards our own manager for getting THAT game called off. :lol:

I still can't believe this is the late kickoff. St. James Park under the lights on display for all of America on NBC. Haven't been this excited for a game in awhile.

This will not end well.

:lol: Right?