Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I envisage Rafa using him in the Yossi Benayoun role if he's here next year. Start him on the wing and giving him the flexibility to float behind the main striker. If he's as effective as Benayoun was for Liverpool between 2007 and 2010, I'll be satisfied.

You can't fault his work rate.  He tracks back a lot, whilst being pretty threatening going forward.  Considering how long he had playing for the stiffs at Spurs and the injury he got when he first arrived, he looks in good shape.  He was still tearing up and down, just before he came off. 

Not the most talented and he makes some bad decisions.  But he seems to care.  Which makes a refreshing change. 

Played really well, he's got so much confidence in himself and his ability to beat a man, plus he can put a good ball into the box.  Far better than I thought he was before we bought him.

I thought he was really good yesterday and felt Perez should have come off before him as Ayoze's legs looked shot.

I was vociferously against his signing and can now see that he can have a positive impact for where we are now as a club.

Guest neesy111

He's not as quick as I thought he was. Not that I'm saying anything negative about that.

Same, I'd thought he'd have similar pace to Obertan.

He could do with a broader dribble register really. Right now he only does that one stepover and goes right forward and everyone are going to figure that one out sooner or later.

Sent from the jungle using my drums

From F365:

Since making his debut on February 3, Townsend has ranked in the following positions among Newcastle’s squad:

Goals: 2nd

Assists: =1st

Shots on target: =1st

Chances created: 1st

Tackles: =4th

Dribbles completed: =3rd

Successful crosses: 1st

Shooting accuracy: =2nd

Fair play.