Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We looked good with Perez, Wijnaldum and Sissoko as the three behind Mitro with Shelvey and a DM anchoring.  Why not just buy another striker to take some of the pressure and reliance off Mitro and stick with that?

We have Thauvin to rotate in for Perez, SdJ for Wijnaldum if needed and, well, don't get injured, Moussa.  If we're going to spend another £14m we could get a pretty decent striker for that, shirley.

Thauvin doesnt seem to be rated and SDJ is never fit tho..

Loki is right like, we've enough in the squad to not need Townsend as a priority signing. Plenty can fill in in those roles.

Doesn't look as if they're going for either or though, looks like it's townsend plus a striker, as opposed to townsend instead of a striker.

Yep, and at least if they get Townsend sorted now they can focus on the last player they're looking at.  We all know they'll struggle to work on two at the same time.

Two completely different players who play in completely different positions with dissimilar attributes. It's stupid that there's any sort of 'either or' component to this, especially relating to Perez.

Considering Perez has been playing on the left and likely will for the considerable future it isn't.

I'm not too fussed about this, although I do think it makes our squad stronger, if only marginally.

What I do find strange though is how many people seem more concerned with Perez's career than with us staying up.

perez has scored 12 goals in the PL since he joined us less than 2 seasons ago, townsend has scored 5 his entire career at the top level so it sort of suggests that they're the same thing really

Can't both play in the same team though? Perez up top or behind Mitrovic? I just find it weird that the first response of so many is to bemoan Perez losing his place. We desperately need points, whatever works.

Townsend is a means to offloading one of our better midfielders. Think we'll try to ship De Jong too.

Who you on about?, Sissoko?  Don't think we'd get that much more for him right now than we're paying for Townsend and likely Mclaren will want Townsend at left wing while Sissoko is right wing.

I'm not too fussed about this, although I do think it makes our squad stronger, if only marginally.

What I do find strange though is how many people seem more concerned with Perez's career than with us staying up.

perez has scored 12 goals in the PL since he joined us less than 2 seasons ago, townsend has scored 5 his entire career at the top level so it sort of suggests that they're the same thing really

Can't both play in the same team though? Perez up top or behind Mitrovic? I just find it weird that the first response of so many is to bemoan Perez losing his place. We desperately need points, whatever works.

How can he play behind Mitrovic with both Shelvey and Wijnaldum in the team? face it at this point it's either/or.

Townsend is a means to offloading one of our better midfielders. Think we'll try to ship De Jong too.

Who you on about?, Sissoko?  Don't think we'd get that much more for him right now than we're paying for Townsend and likely Mclaren will want Townsend at left wing while Sissoko is right wing.

Think he's being signed with a mind to Sissoko leaving in summer as a replacement.

SSN Yellow scroller says 12m fee agreed

At £12m I think this is a risk. But I'm glad we're getting someone who could potentially become a part in keeping us up. Not been overly impressed by him every time, but seen him have good games here or there before.

At £12m I think this is a risk. But I'm glad we're getting someone who could potentially become a part in keeping us up. Not been overly impressed by him every time, but seen him have good games here or there before.

Think we'd have a better chance of staying up if we spent that money on a left back and played the same attacking four as against West Ham rather than swapping Perez for Townsend.

Think we'd have a better chance of staying up if we spent that money on a left back and played the same attacking four as against West Ham rather than swapping Perez for Townsend.

Same here.