sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

The 6 in a row is a bit of a fly in the ointment like. I'd like us to draw them in the cup and ragdoll them to make up for it, but that whole era for me is defined by Pardew and McClaren, the former being a much bigger enemy to Newcastle than Sunderland have ever been.

They are looking likely to go down again and if they do go I'd imagine they'll be in the third tier for a good few years until their finances get sorted out...well if they ever sort their finances out.

Are they losing because they're not as good as even the worst teams in the Championship or because they simply don't know how to win and the quality of the opposition is irrelevant?  Would they even start picking up wins in League One next season or would they find themselves looking near the bottom of the table after the first five games or so?  I'd not be betting any major money on Sunderland beating a League One team in a cup game at the moment. I know that's different but when you're a bigger fish in a smaller pond your first few games in the league have the same feel about them of players wanting a scalp.

All they have is that little brother 6-in-a-row thing.

WE define them. Not being Geordies defines them - not being Mackems.

They have no other identity.

They need us - and we fucking well don't need them. That burns them.

The 6 in a row thing does really annoy me tbh, we had their number for my whole time supporting the club other than about 3 defeats then they kept on beating us once Pardew got involved.  One of his many major failings, the prick.

The 6 in a row thing does really annoy me tbh, we had their number for my whole time supporting the club other than about 3 defeats then they kept on beating us once Pardew got involved.  One of his many major failings, the prick.

For me it's just a matter of maintaining standards. We are better than Sunderland and we should be beating them the majority of the time as was usually the case. Pardew let that slip massively.

Doesn't help that for certain periods of time when we were good, they weren't even in the same division (94/95, 95/96, 97/98 and 98/99 (although we weren't very good ourselves then), 2003/04).  Could easily have done more than 6 in a row in those times.

probs a sizeable proportion of their fans, say 500. Wake up in the night screaming and crying.  The Mrs  'Dont worry the police aren't coming for nonce lovers, its just the football'. Wispers 6 in row over and over til they fall asleep sucking their thumb.

In all my years of supporting Newcastle (and there are many) we won more times than we were beaten by Sunderland.  Those 6 in a row wins for them were really painful at the time and still annoy me considerably.

It will take years (because we will not see them for years) before we can correct the balance and shut them up.  However, like the 9 - 1 match in the early 1900's, anything that happens in our favour in the future will be ignored so that they can say that they beat us 6 times in a row.

Guest reefatoon

Doesn't bother me in the slightest now. We were absolute shit at the time, and they beat a shit team six times. They say we are not a big club, yet they hold those 6 wins in such high regard as if they outplayed the 70's Brazil team. The daft cunts are just making us look the much bigger club we are by being so excited about it.  All down to mackematics, Newcastle are not a big club but we beat them 6 times in a row. . . . How amazing are we. Think it is kind of sweet they hold us in such high regard.

Honestly, they will be in League One and we'll be in the Premier League, that could be the case for years. Any gloating about past victories is going to look pretty stupid very quickly indeed.

They'll cling to it for it's literally all they have.

I've been on the piss, watching my team in Europe.

Something these Mackems creeps will never experience. They're so bitter.

I'm 50 and fortunate that for the vast majority of my lifetime we've been the better team.

I've been on the piss, watching my team in Europe.

Something these Mackems creeps will never experience. They're so bitter.

I'm 50 and fortunate that for the vast majority of my lifetime we've been the better team.

Exactly.

Guest reefatoon

The last home game when they drop to League 1.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Sunderland-fans.jpg

Then the announcer comes on and tells them 6 in a row.

mackems.jpg

Six in a row was obviously a disgrace and it contributes to my hatred for Pardew. It should not have been allowed to happen But I can't say I get very wound up by a bunch of fans about to get relegated to the third tier singing about it, it's quite amusing in its desperateness.

Honestly, they will be in League One and we'll be in the Premier League, that could be the case for years. Any gloating about past victories is going to look pretty stupid very quickly indeed.

The 1-9 was in 1908, they've got at least another hundred years out of this.