sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I do feel sorry for the number of Mackem friends I have who are good lads who don’t go for this 2-1 FTM/9-1/6 in a row shite.

I honestly think even their current XI would struggle in League One and cookie will surely leave and if he doesn’t, a poor start to next season will see fans really on his back. They are fucked really. :lol:

I do feel sorry for the number of Mackem friends I have who are good lads who don’t go for this 2-1 FTM/9-1/6 in a row shite.

I honestly think even their current XI would struggle in League One and cookie will surely leave and if he doesn’t, a poor start to next season will see fans really on his back. They are fucked really. :lol:

League 1 is absolutely shite aside from the top 3. Beyond poor.

Feel a bit for their normal fans; bloke at work is on the verge of wanting them liquidated so he doesn’t have to bother anymore. That said, the number of MLFs who love hating us more than they’ll ever love Sunlun makes it all very very amusing.

It's actually been a weird season in the Championship this year, Cardiff and Wolves run away leaders against the odds, with Sheffield Wed, Hull, Reading, Norwich, Leeds and these doing badly when they were all expected to compete.

Wait, what? They were clear cut favourites to run away with it before the season even started, man! :lol:

Despite them being shit, they should still be good enough for promotion from League 1 (assuming they still don’t execute their survival). Even if they do have to get rid of most of their squad, they would surely still be big enough to bring in the best League 1 players.

In saying that, League 1 has 4 relegation places.

Guest Howaythetoon

League 1 is absolutely shite aside from the top 3. Beyond poor.

Feel a bit for their normal fans; bloke at work is on the verge of wanting them liquidated so he doesn’t have to bother anymore. That said, the number of MLFs who love hating us more than they’ll ever love Sunlun makes it all very very amusing.

It’s shit, but tough, very tough. They don’t have any decent player not even at this level and their manager despite his success with Wales will be leading them next season as the man that relegated them to the 3rd tier, that’s if he stays. A poor start will see him get heaps of stick. Even a takeover may not help them. I can see them finishing mid-table as they will become a huge scalp for every other team and I could see crowds anywhere from 10k to 20k depending. They are a toxic club, more broken than we have ever been even under Ashley and I don’t blame Short for that as he’s allowed them to appoint whoever and spend whatever, but appointments and purchases have been shocking, barely enough just to keep the, up. They enevitably went down and it looks like it will be a long time before they disGRACE the the PL again. Shame... :lol:

It's actually been a weird season in the Championship this year, Cardiff and Wolves run away leaders against the odds, with Sheffield Wed, Hull, Reading, Norwich, Leeds and these doing badly when they were all expected to compete.

Wait, what? They were clear cut favourites to run away with it before the season even started, man! :lol:

Yeah, completely forgot they had mega money owners, my bad. :lol:

Surely they'd finish at least in Play-Offs next season. Would be funny, but can't see them being like mid-table in League 1

Depends, could be looking at a 12pt deduction this time next year through administraton. Could cost them the title, playoff place or put them right in the relegation soup without a spoon to stir with.

Guest covmag

i read on that shite site that they can't go into administration?

what scenario means they will? anyone?

i read on that shite site that they can't go into administration?

what scenario means they will? anyone?

Of course they can. It’s just unlikely that they will this season, if they don’t get taken over in the summer then it will just be a case of how long Short will be prepared to keep propping them up.

Followed one of the links posted to their board. Ended up down a rabbithole of blinkered bitterness and bile that seems unbelievable until you read it in pretty much every thread.

The things that really irritate me on that board though:

1) the shit Newcastle fans who go on there who aren't as clever as Sima and make us seem dumber than the mackem posters on there. I include the simpering "in peace" type fans. Not all NUFC posters there are shit, but I can't remember who is good and who makes us look like geriatrics at a rave.

2) mackems from the wrong place. Sorry like, but if you're from gosforth then how bullied must you have been to pretend to support Sunderland? You know that Grima Wormtongue from LOTR? That's who I feel they pretty much are. *unless the 'fan' in question is a deep undercover wum, then see point 1.

3) the random number of threads on the SAME EFFING SUBJECT. But this did allow for hilarity when within a day the cattermole threads were so contradictory after a win.

4) that many of them make the same joke, sometimes a funny one, as has already been made, sometimes within a few posts of the earlier versions. You know how we have Giggs? They could use some Giggs and not just as kewkie's new assistant.

5) the constant backslapping "our fans" thread.

6) I've touched on the bitterness but ffs, it is so over the top it needs mentioning again. I think they use it to hide their obsession with us and its twisted them over time. Every time I hear the "6 in a row" schtick, all I hear is "my precious". They carry on like they're the EDL of the region and we are some sort of ethnicity that they grew up having the fact we should be hated beaten into them by some alcoholic, abusive occasional step parent.

7) the adam johnson acceptance "cos he scored against the mags". Disgusting.

I am not generalizing all the Sunderland fans, just that board. They are just awful.

This board in the main contains sensible, intelligent folk who you can ask questions and are very welcoming and funny. I'm not so daft to think we don't have a recessive element in the fan base either so with that in mind, where is their equivalent to this board?

*quick edit for clarification; I'm asking if the mackems have a sensible board. 

Guest Howaythetoon
But most of all I feel sorry for the fans. The hardcore fans. Not those who stay away on a regular basis. They needed us today. I was shocked at the empty spaces. I thought after Derby we would get a decent crowd. I understand it’s cold and rainy. Boo-hoo. Those that went are the real fans. I know two lads who travelled up from London today. Real fans. Like those who went to Derby. Very impressed by the noise coming over the stream, the real fans got behind them. They could see they were doing their best. Very little boos at f-t. Rightly so.

A quote from their forum, notice the irony :lol:

But most of all I feel sorry for the fans. The hardcore fans. Not those who stay away on a regular basis. They needed us today. I was shocked at the empty spaces. I thought after Derby we would get a decent crowd. I understand it’s cold and rainy. Boo-hoo. Those that went are the real fans. I know two lads who travelled up from London today. Real fans. Like those who went to Derby. Very impressed by the noise coming over the stream, the real fans got behind them. They could see they were doing their best. Very little boos at f-t. Rightly so.

A quote from their forum, notice the irony :lol:

Amazing irony.... 

Those amazing fans who turn up no matter what...  not me though, stream for me like!