sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As soon as Birmingham beat Bolton or Burton, think they're done. Those Norwich, Reading and Burton games are very winnable though, considering the rabbits they occasionally pull out hats (see Derby, Fulham etc).

Probably straight back up next season but that's ok, just being down there is hilarious.

They have a huge chip on their shoulder about Geordies, our city, our club and seemingly anyone of a different skin colour. Yet go to their city and it’s foreign owned or non white shops that are open while the average Mackem swigs from his can of fosters holding his ALS and shouting 2-1 FTM, 9-1, 6 in a row.

That's a bit unfair...what about the ever-popular 'Fletcher's' down Hendon way? It even made the news marra. And by news I mean InfoWars...

https://www.infowars.com/cops-threaten-to-arrest-uk-store-owner-over-dont-fund-terrorism-sign/

You heard about their perpetuated myth about a mysterious cabal of Tyneside businessmen who directed commerce away from Wearside to improve Tyneside's importance?

I haven't heard about anything recently, however IIRC way back in the 1800s a businessman named Ambrose Crowley started a metalworks in sunderland. It obviously took advantage of the local labour on hand, augmented by the expertise of some of his Belgian workforce. Now, as I remember the story the mackems were so awful to work with that he moved his works to Winlaton, where the locals were extremely accommodating. He even had a pub named after him until recently, albeit in Swalwell. I think it's now called The Poacher's Pocket or something.

Obviously this wasn't a shadowy cabal as he was quite open about it but I wonder if this adds to their bitterness that's been handed down through the ages.

You heard about their perpetuated myth about a mysterious cabal of Tyneside businessmen who directed commerce away from Wearside to improve Tyneside's importance?

that sounds exactly like the things a city should be doing to better itself, maybe they should give it a go themselves :lol:

I haven't heard about anything recently, however IIRC way back in the 1800s a businessman named Ambrose Crowley started a metalworks in sunderland. It obviously took advantage of the local labour on hand, augmented by the expertise of some of his Belgian workforce. Now, as I remember the story the mackems were so awful to work with that he moved his works to Winlaton, where the locals were extremely accommodating. He even had a pub named after him until recently, albeit in Swalwell. I think it's now called The Poacher's Pocket or something.

Obviously this wasn't a shadowy cabal as he was quite open about it but I wonder if this adds to their bitterness that's been handed down through the ages.

Tis indeed, Market Lane between Dunston and Swalwell.

That lass had that on her face today? Seriously?!

:lol: Nah, I think she's just found a photo to use as a thumbnail. It's still grim as fuck.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a fuckin tattoo  :lol:

Nah, if it was she'd have 2, 3, 4 and 5 crossed out. :lol:

That Fiona lass who puts up loads of archived games has put the entire phone-in up.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFY6ZkrGPU

"I'm manager of an under-15 team and played 3-5-1, we were 2-1 down in the cup, I changed it to 4-4-2 and we came back to 3-2"

That's that then, get this guy as manager. He fluked an U15 result after starting the game with 10 players

Seriously what do people who call up saying shite like this expect? :lol: Is he bragging that he knows more about football than the Sunderland manager who played professionally for 15 years and has managed 400 professional games

Been in that pub on many occasions.  It was called the Crowley, and was renamed the Poachers Pocket, but I understand it has now gone the way of many other pubs and closed.

Dear me. So despite them bringing it up regularly as a stick to beat us with, it was actually THEM who held the first fake funeral??!!  ;D :idiot2:

Now to find out they actually have previous for punching horses, and staining their tops with gravy.  :snod: