Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Really hope Rafa can get me back into NUFC, it's been a long time since I really felt like a supporter. I'm not instantly there like some people but I want to get there. I like that he has a history of batting with owners/chairmen. If I can feel like the manager is on the fan's side then it'll go a long way to separating the team from the hatred I have for Ashley. 

I'm enjoying listening to him speak. I think it's years since I listened to a Newcastle manager speak, usually turn them over as soon as they come on.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth 43s44 seconds ago

Rafa Benitez said a few players who had been in the treatment room the day before he arrived were fit enough to train yesterday. #nufc

No room for hiding, if your not up for it then your not playing. I hope he fucking kicked their arses.

Rafa Benitez said a few players who had been in the treatment room the day before he arrived were fit enough to train yesterday. #nufc

Colo and Townsend were in the training pics yesterday.

The Guardian said that Townsend wasn't fit for Leicester game but he was definitely in the first team training photos

Really hope Rafa can get me back into NUFC, it's been a long time since I really felt like a supporter. I'm not instantly there like some people but I want to get there. I like that he has a history of batting with owners/chairmen. If I can feel like the manager is on the fan's side then it'll go a long way to separating the team from the hatred I have for Ashley. 

I'm enjoying listening to him speak. I think it's years since I listened to a Newcastle manager speak, usually turn them over as soon as they come on.

Succinct and on the money as ever. :thup:

A big question from you guys now.

A lot of you have said that your not going back to games, some of you have even given up season tickets. Now though you acknowledge that the crowd need to get behind the team in order to maximise our chances of staying up. Does this mean that some of you are prepared to go back to games for the remainder of the season?

:lol:

A lot of you have said that your not going back to games, some of you have even given up season tickets. Now though you acknowledge that the crowd need to get behind the team in order to maximise our chances of staying up. Does this mean that some of you are prepared to go back to games for the remainder of the season?

Haven't been since the Norwich game. Too late for the derby, but I'll try to go to Swansea and Palace games now.

This is a big turning point for the club now. I have no problem whatsoever with a clause for Rafa to leave if we do go down. Of course there would be one but that would be awful. Getting a manager like him and not being able to see the longer term plan unfold.

The bubble of joy might have popped a little bit, Benitez mentioned that the manager/head coach decision will be taken in the summer if we stay up. Pretty categorical I think in acknowledging that there's no way he will manage in the Championship. Which is all fine really, but my concern is Ashley and the other jokers will probably muck him about on transfers even if we do stay up and he'll walk.

He's ticking all the boxes isn't he.

I will if I can.

Watch this Wullie :thup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZI2p285FI