Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Imagine having a pint with him and Keegan and just talking about football for hours man, it'd be an absolute dream.

Think they'd end up disagrreing a fair bit mind.

KILL JOY

Surely that's a good thing though. Be very interesting to listen to both of their views on the game and argue their points.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/rafael-ben%C3%ADtez-back-in-the-big-time-with-newcastle-1.3159380

some good points in the article.

Lejune is to provide direct competition for Clark

Reiterates what someone else has said on here about Benitez liking competition for places:

"Benítez said: “I think my idea always in every position is to bring in players who can compete. Lejeune, he has to understand the Premier League, the tempo and intensity of the league.”

and a bit about cup competitions:

“I think always at the beginning of every season you try to do your best in every competition, so my idea is always the same. If you can do well in the Premier League it will be easier to do well in the cups.

“Our idea will be one game at a time as I was saying last year, so the first one will be against Tottenham, and if we have a cup game we will try to win the cup game.

“It always has to be like this, you cannot concentrate on one competition – you have to try your best in all of them.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/rafael-ben%C3%ADtez-back-in-the-big-time-with-newcastle-1.3159380

Reiterates what someone else has said on here about Benitez liking competition for places:

"Benítez said: “I think my idea always in every position is to bring in players who can compete. Lejeune, he has to understand the Premier League, the tempo and intensity of the league.”

“I think always at the beginning of every season you try to do your best in every competition, so my idea is always the same. If you can do well in the Premier League it will be easier to do well in the cups.

“Our idea will be one game at a time as I was saying last year, so the first one will be against Tottenham, and if we have a cup game we will try to win the cup game.

“It always has to be like this, you cannot concentrate on one competition – you have to try your best in all of them.”

“Thank God that we are not in the Europa League this season" - Alan Pardew.

:lol:

And that cunt was here for years.  God I fucking hated him.

:lol:

And that c*** was here for years.  God I f***ing hated him.

Wasnt Pardew complaining he couldn't or didn't have time to work on tactics for a mid week match and then a again for the weekend (sunday).  I'm sure it was also mentioned he liked to shuffle off back to London one day a week.

I'm really surprised he didn't have time for working out two sets of tactics for two games in a week when all he ever set up was 11 men behind the ball and hanging on for dear life.  Hoping Krul would have a stormer and Cisse might nick one when covering the right back in his own half.

“Mike convinced me he would give us the last penny of the money available.

“We are not asking for more, we are asking for the money we can use.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-boss-rafa-benitez-13367300#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

I love how he always says "we". It's not only about him. He has no ego, not in the cuntish sense. He knows it's himself, his coaching staff, the players, the club, the fans, asking for the money to improve the squad. Benitez gets our club, and he just gets football in general.

I would still absolutely love him even if we go down again this season. Been waiting a long long time for a man like him to be associated with NUFC.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-boss-rafa-benitez-13367300#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Love the comments underneath about our transfer war-chest being like the Ark of the Covenant. It may exist somewhere but it's difficult to track down  :lol:

Anyone get the feeling we actually are skint?  It's possible we're not spending money until we actually have it in the bank even if it's guaranteed in which case we'll have likely had, what, about £30m - £40m from the PL money so far.

Anyone get the feeling we actually are skint?  It's possible we're not spending money until we actually have it in the bank even if it's guaranteed in which case we'll have likely had, what, about £30m - £40m from the PL money so far.

we are skint to the extent Ashley has taken and is reluctant to reinvest aye.

Pretty obvious he's inferring that he's not interested in smoke and mirrors about transfer money, he's interested only in money he can go out and spend now. None of this you can buy this player once you've sold that one etc.