Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cisse wants to stay :(

He's just running down his contract with a year left. Same as Anita, then they'll both get big money moves to China or Qatar or some other backwater football country. We might try and sell them on anyway.

tbf if he can get properly fit Cisse could score a shitload in the Championship - Rafa preferred him to our other forward options in the relegation run in so must see something there.

tbf if he can get properly fit Cisse could score a shitload in the Championship - Rafa preferred him to our other forward options in the relegation run in so must see something there.

A past record of scoring goals in the premier League greater than anyone else we had. Id be shocked if he was here come September.

It was obvious Cisse would never play for us again when he misplaced two passes early second half away at Villa and was immediately hooked by Rafa 5 minutes in.

He played him as he wanted a player more in that mould than Mitrovic to fit his system, and the window was shut. I'd be surprised if he didn't try and shift him on this summer due to his contract and the fact he has problems with his knee.

It was obvious Cisse would never play for us again when he misplaced two passes early second half away at Villa and was immediately hooked by Rafa 5 minutes in.

I like that - Keegan did the same with Shola when he mis-controlled a past on his upper arm at home to Bolton. Good managers see average players do stupid things and weed them out.

The sooner we get some solid links to a replacement striker for Cisse the better. At the moment the only name I've heard is McCormack, and that's just probably journalist guesswork. I would have though Rafa would prefer a Shane Long type who can offer us some pace and goals at the same time.

So far we've had people putting forward Shane Long & Pepe Reina, even if we had've finished top half last season we wouldn't be after those two. People are going to be disappointed when it's lower end Premier League fringe players and the odd obscure foreigner that we are signing.