Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good to know he's in touch with the frustration though, proves it's not 'bedwetting' to be concerned.

Puzzled. How does Rafa inferring crazy transfer market (i.e. not Cashley and minion(s) plotting/malicious intent/shortsightedness/bloody mindededness/rank stupidity etc etc)  is at least partly responsible for lack of progress, and expressing awareness that fans are frustrated, justify wildfire hysteria that he is about to (contender for most typed word of the Summer, coming-up... drum roll) walk?

How did you get that from the recent articles in the press?

I can see why its frustrating when sides are demanding 50m for Ross Barkley, and also Sigurdsson 50m price tag. Ridiculous!

Its no wonder we are considering so many alternatives.

Id be guessing thats where the crazy transfer market quote came from.

£50m for Sigurdsson is the craziest of the lot.

To be honest I ain't sure the club is to blame for the inactivity.  Players prices is insane nowadays and completely non sense. Take Barahino for example.  The quoted price from WBA was crazy high. The cheap transfer to Stoke was crazy low.  What's worst was that his performance at Stoke is shocking as well. Never mind the drug test failure.  The general consensus here at that time was that we must sign Berahino at that moment.  Turns out luckily we didn't, or it was just a waste of money and couldn't change our fate.

Certainly the club has to take some of the blames like why not discovering more players with fixed fees like Florian and why not try to sign some alternatives from South America clubs.  However I also understand that the situation is extremely complicated, not only for us but to all clubs.  Chelsea got their summer in disaster just because they wanted to wait a bit so to lower Everton's 100m asking prices.  Are they really unreasonable to try to lower the price? No.  Are they in deep shite now? Yes.

Wonder if Norwich need any players with a track record of winning the league they will be playing in next season.

I can think of an auburn-haired (ahem) skilful (ahem, ahem) central midfielder who would be ideal.

Good call. Just how dense is their manager?