Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We will get a striker, GK and another offensive midfielder that's comfortable down the middle and on the left.

We'll go with the LB's we have and No.10's who along with Atsu will compete with said offensive midfielder.

4 squad players will be sold or loaned out with a GK most certain to be sold if not two.

Maybe 1 surprise sale... prediction would be Ritchie.

Let's see how all that pans out :lol:

Look at West Brom. They've got arguably less goal threat in that team than we do, and were able to go on Holiday for the last 6 or 7 games purely because they were organised. Same with Burnley, never in trouble at all. English Football is not what its made out to be.

I know your not suggesting we aspire to the levels of Burnley & West Brom

I'll take West Brom comfortable next season.

We will get a striker, GK and another offensive midfielder that's comfortable down the middle and on the left.

We'll go with the LB's we have and No.10's who along with Atsu will compete with said offensive midfielder.

4 squad players will be sold or loaned out with a GK most certain to be sold if not two.

I wish i had your confidence :lol:

Look at West Brom. They've got arguably less goal threat in that team than we do, and were able to go on Holiday for the last 6 or 7 games purely because they were organised. Same with Burnley, never in trouble at all. English Football is not what its made out to be.

I know your not suggesting we aspire to the levels of Burnley & West Brom

For next year, that's exactly what we must do.

I wish i had your confidence :lol:

Pretty obvious that a striker and GK are high on Rafa's list. I think the club will have to do everything possible to deliver on those fronts even if some of the lesser targets go by the wayside.

If Caballero and Abraham were the first choices for those positions (maybe second in Caballero's case) then it gives you an idea of the sort of budget he's operating with and the sort of players we'll be going for.

Time to pull a couple of rabbits out of a couple of hats, Rafa.

I think striker and a keeper too. If we're lucky perhaps another midfielder/winger, but would really depend on shifting bodies.

It'll be enough to keep us up, but we'll be back to Rafa vs Ashley next summer with increased intensity.

Is it a maximum of 2 loans we're allowed overall or is it a maximum of 2 domestic loans? Can see us using the loan market again like the Merino deal

Far as I'm aware you're allowed unlimited international loans, as they're seen as actual transfers.

If Caballero and Abraham were the first choices for those positions (maybe second in Caballero's case) then it gives you an idea of the sort of budget he's operating with and the sort of players we'll be going for.

Still hopeful we'll get Reina.  Think he'd be ideal for us.

Still hopeful we'll get Reina.  Think he'd be ideal for us.

:thup:

Not much time for a new keeper to come in before the start of the season and get to know the defenders, work on communication etc.

Sels had all pre-season with us and it looked like he'd never seen a football before :lol:

Understand your point though

Not much time for a new keeper to come in before the start of the season and get to know the defenders, work on communication etc.

Darlow and Elliott are still here. Rafa doesn't seem to think they are up to Premier class but they are probably good enough to start the season while a new keeper gets up to speed. Elliott's not a bad stand in keeper even if we sell Darlow.

As long as we stay in the league and Rafa is happy then that will do first season back. We haven't go the money to compete but that will change next year and we can build on what we've got. Really we only need to finish above one team we didnt last year, we've got that in us now.

I still expect 3 signings of decent quality, 2 if we can't shift some of the deadwood. We'll be fine, the advantage we have over most is our manager, we either put faith in him doing what's needed or stop worrying g he's gonna leave every 5 mins as he doesn't make any difference anyway.

As long as we stay in the league and Rafa is happy then that will do first season back. We haven't go the money to compete but that will change next year

Seen this a lot, i do struggle to understand why people think it will be any different next year. The owner is still Mike Ashley.

As long as we stay in the league and Rafa is happy then that will do first season back. We haven't go the money to compete but that will change next year

Seen this a lot, i do struggle to understand why people think it will be any different next year. The owner is still Mike Ashley.

How much did he spend the season we went down? Before the money went batshit crazy.

How much did he spend the season we went down? Before the money went batshit crazy.

65-70 million

That's because we were going down otherwise, see really no evidence to suggest we'll suddenly start spending cash if i'm honest.

about 45million was spent pre-season.

Ashley's main issue is suspect/clinically insane managerial appointments.

That's because we were going down otherwise, see really no evidence to suggest we'll suddenly start spending cash if i'm honest.

about 45million was spent pre-season.

Ashley's main issue is suspect/clinically insane managerial appointments.

Aye and without that spending we would have been certainties for the drop, Ashley only spends when he's investment is in danger.

I don't see that changing and i really don't see why people think any different.