Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: we haven't even thrown in a last minute low ball 'Nzogbia' bid for years.

N'Zogbia has been a free agent since June 2016 :lol: Wow.

His career of Le Havre, Newcastle, Wigan and Aston Villa seems a lot different to the one he was expecting to have.

Didn't he train with the mackems too and even they didn't want him? That's got to be a low point.

Other than a maybe a striker I think it's pretty clear we're on a one in, one out scenario.

Not just financially, but because we need to clear the club of the complete wasters that are lingering around picking up a pay cheque but are either not bothered or not good enough.

We'll be working on deals but we wont be close to concluding any until we're certain that someone else is moving out. Sadly, we've accumulated a lot of s*** over the years and we're now struggling to move that s*** on.

We could of course just ignore them, spend anyway and either pay them off or let them linger around, but that isn't the Mike Ashley way and never will be.

This.

And the fact that I do think we are now at the rebuilding stage where we are looking at a level where the players we've targeted are weighing up their options with their agents to see if something better than NUFC comes up. This is the main reason as we will never throw mind changing money at them personally for them to push the decision with their own clubs.

According to Transfermarkt we have the second largest squad i the PL right now with 32 players and are ranked at 14th considering total market value of our players. All though WBA are ranked below us, they have a higher average market value in their squad - and it says they per now only have 20 registered players in their squad(?). We desperately need to trade in the fillers for some quality

And only Spurs have a lower average age

We're currently at 35 players who would need a squad place, provided Toney is indeed off to Wigan.

Am I right in thinking we can only register 25 players (not including any players under 21?)

We're currently at 35 players who would need a squad place, provided Toney is indeed off to Wigan.

Am I right in thinking we can only register 25 players (not including any players under 21?)

Yes, but U21s don't count towards this total.

:thup:

But the only U21s anywhere near first team reckoning are Woodman and Armstrong (hypothetically in the latter's case).

But the only U21s anywhere near first team reckoning are Woodman and Armstrong (hypothetically in the latter's case).

Merino and Aarons?

Merino and Aarons?

Good shout, Merino is technically "U21" but Aarons isn't. Makes that signing look even better.

Players born on or after January 1st 1996 for 2017/18 season.

Merino and Aarons?

Good shout, Merino is technically "U21" but Aarons isn't. Makes that signing look even better.

Players born on or after January 1st 1996 for 2017/18 season.

http://www.nufc.com/2017-18html/squad.html

I counted 28, excluding the likes of Good who is nowhere near the 1st team. If this means Riviere and Saivet are left in no-man's land, so be it since they are 'invisible' men anyway.