Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of course we're going to be weaker, we got relegated.

Exactly. Not sure what exactly people were expecting like, for us to just sign a load of Premier League players like nothing happened? That none of our players would want to leave? That we wouldn't want to shift some of them on anyway; to raise funds, save wages or simply because the new manager doesn't rate them?

We need to get promoted. That's all. If we go up, the next few years will undoubtedly see mass turnover of playing staff as requirements and targets change.

Agree. Most of the players Newcastle are buying have cost around £5m and they will be on Championship wages not Premiership wages. If we get promoted, we'll be able to sell these sort of players back to Championship clubs. NUFC won't be stuck with them due to Championship clubs not being able to afford the transfer fee and wages (like we've been stuck with French players because French clubs can't afford their wages or transfer fee).

Of course we're going to be weaker, we got relegated.

Exactly. Not sure what exactly people were expecting like, for us to just sign a load of Premier League players like nothing happened? That none of our players would want to leave? That we wouldn't want to shift some of them on anyway; to raise funds, save wages or simply because the new manager doesn't rate them?

We need to get promoted. That's all. If we go up, the next few years will undoubtedly see mass turnover of playing staff as requirements and targets change.

No I get that but not sure some of the players we have brought in are even good enough to get us promoted. I never expected us to sign top players but a few look bang average. I don't blame the club for selling the players but struggling to see how our squad is better than Brighton, Villa, Norwich who I consider our main rivals. Might be proven totally wrong in next week if we sign a few attacking players

Tbh I'd hazard a guess that no one on here knows how strong Villa, Norwich or Brighton truely are.  We've all got what we wanted in Rafa staying which looked impossible a few months ago, we are going through the largest rebuild/squad turnover in recent memory.  It's natural people will get twitchy but I don't think we will be left short, there seems to be a plan at least.  I'm sure we haven't done exactly what we wanted but it won't be far off, let's see how it goes but there is every reason to optimistic.

Can't help but think we are going to be weaker by September with Janmaat, Tiote, Krul likely to all be gone and yet Colback remains.

Tiote would ruin this league but seems to be on way out, we are still weak as f*** past the half way line and need winger and striker that can play now, we probably need another centre mid to compete with Shelvey and Hayden and need that left back.

The players we have bought may prove to be shrewd buys and part of the grand plan but it does seem like we are buying some bang average footballers.

I was thinking that but looking at the other teams we still look slightly better than them on paper at least and surely there will be a couple more in by next Wednesday too

Main isssue this season is we look to have a lot of average players who aren't much better than the other promotion contenders players, we are just relying on Ritchie, Gayle and maybe Diame whilst hoping Perez and mitrovic will contribute enough.

Likes of dummett Clark Hanley Anita colback Shelvey gouffran etc wouldn't get in a few teams in this league

For the most part, that's just not true at all. We have a very strong squad for the league and the best manager we could ever hope for.

It'll never cease to annoy me how Anita gets lumped in with the shit players :lol:

Only been disappointed with Krul going out really, and happy with the majority of the signings, so all-in-all pretty good. Need a couple more to be comfortable though.

In 92 we signed Bracewell, Lee and Bereford, along with Barry Venison. They weren't particularly exciting signings at the time but they did the job.

Bloody hell, I'd kill for that calibre of player this window. Bracewell and Venison were both title winners and were only 30 and 28 respectively. Beresford looked a great prospect and Lee who we signed after the season started became an established England player. Those signings were pretty much inspired at the time.

:lol:

Looks like HITC Sport (Partridgeshrug.gif) started the story. And it's hard not to take notice with indepth knowledge like this:

Mbemba signed for the club from Belgian side Anderlecht last summer in a deal worth around £8 million according to The Guardian, and he played in over 30 games

A source told HITC Sport: "Mbemba is very much on Arsenal's radar now, they have already done their homework and know the price - it would not be a complicated deal to get over the line."

We currently have 26 senior players, however assuming that Tiote, Sissoko, Krul, Riviere all leaves which seems likely this number will drop to 22, if you take off the three goalkeeprs that's 19 outfield players, might be enough and might not be, personally i don't mind if we only sign one or two extra players and used the youngsters whenever we needed cover, we have a lot of players in the reserves with experience at this level and might develop further in it.

Guest chopey

It'll never cease to annoy me how Anita gets lumped in with the s*** players :lol:

Only been disappointed with Krul going out really, and happy with the majority of the signings, so all-in-all pretty good. Need a couple more to be comfortable though.

Has Krul left ?

It'll never cease to annoy me how Anita gets lumped in with the s*** players :lol:

Has Krul left ?

Dunno, but he's about to.