Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we sold our fringe striker for 16m, and get in a striker from Lique 1 for 5m.  And this guy just score 10 goals last season.  If you don't think this is a huge step towards the championship, you need a brain check.

Neither has happened yet but I agree

Fred will always be the worst Brazilian name

Sounds way better when it's some nutjob Brazilian commentator though..."FREDHJY". Not much scope for embellishment on Allan.

The worry is that we know that because of the TV money, the transfer market is over-inflated. However, that's not going to change any time soon as there is too much money to be made by agents, etc. So the worry is that we could be left behind. :(

I'd be reluctant to pay the rates the market is dictating too. It's lunacy but we have to recognise the nature of the beast and not get devoured by it.

We're getting shit loads more money than ever before as well, it's not like we're sat here earning 2010 money. Club needs to recognise this soon and stop complaining about the "overinflated market" like we're not part of the inflation.

I'd be reluctant to pay the rates the market is dictating too. It's lunacy but we have to recognise the nature of the beast and not get devoured by it.

We're getting s*** loads more money than ever before as well, it's not like we're sat here earning 2010 money. Club needs to recognise this soon and stop complaining about the "overinflated market" like we're not part of the inflation.

They've complained about the market since they (he) arrived, then only offer what they think is the right price. Which is usually way below the value of the player.  :lol:

We're getting s*** loads more money than ever before as well, it's not like we're sat here earning 2010 money. Club needs to recognise this soon and stop complaining about the "overinflated market" like we're not part of the inflation.

We are, but the majority of the PL have benefited from the increases in TV money for an extra season. It's not a level playing field.

We are, but the majority of the PL have benefited from the increases in TV money for an extra season. It's not a level playing field.

Those PL teams had the extra season's TV money because they didn't try to save money hiring shit managers. These things have a way of coming back and biting you in the arse.

You get £100m a season minimum for being in the Premier League. There are players going for over half of that. Okay TV money has increased, but not that much. It is going to be a very difficult market for, not excusing the club for being slow in the market, just pointing out that it doesn't seem to be as easy as it has been. Even the likes of WBA (who like it or not, are a club who will be in similar markets to us) are turning their noses up to some of the fee's clubs are asking for, like Gibbs.

Those PL teams had the extra season's TV money because they didn't try to save money hiring s*** managers. These things have a way of coming back and biting you in the arse.

I don't disagree, but that's a completely separate argument. Ultimately, we are where we are.

You get £100m a season minimum for being in the Premier League. There are players going for over half of that. Okay TV money has increased, but not that much. It is going to be a very difficult market for, not excusing the club for being slow in the market, just pointing out that it doesn't seem to be as easy as it has been. Even the likes of WBA (who like it or not, are a club who will be in similar markets to us) are turning their noses up to some of the fee's clubs are asking for, like Gibbs.

The price of players was only ever loosely tied to the TV money, as most clubs don't do the "if we don't have the cash on hand we don't do the deal" shit we do. £25-30m players going for £50m now doesn't mean there has to have been a 66/100% increase in TV money. It's just a more expensive market because of it - and other factors - but there's no hard rule.

Those PL teams had the extra season's TV money because they didn't try to save money hiring s*** managers. These things have a way of coming back and biting you in the arse.

I don't disagree, but that's a completely separate argument. Ultimately, we are where we are.

We could end up back where we were making the same mistakes again. Substitute hiring shit managers with buying championship players.