Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

Women and kids in that crowd ffs. :anguish:

One time where our lot don't appear to have done anything wrong. Pity we have a reputation for fighting back mind.

Eh? You wouldn't fight back? :dontknow:

I don't want to fight anyone. It's a f***ing football match.

Canny enlightening seeing all the forum hooligans coming out of the woodwork to justify all this like.

Hooligan? Never had a fight at a football match in my life and don't intend to however if I was attacked I'd feel vindicated to defend myself.  From what I've seen/read it's quite clear Russian / French hooligans have started most of the violence.  Having said that, there's cleary a significant number of English happy to revel in the chaos. My feeling is that the vast majority of English who are well behaved are easy targets for both violence and blame.

Genuinely embarrassing stuff - makes me ashamed to be a football fan. Just can't get my head round the need for people to go to football and get hammered in the first place, let alone how empty their fucking lives must be to feel they need to go and have a fight. Surely some effort to insert something meaningful into their sad lives.

One time where our lot don't appear to have done anything wrong. Pity we have a reputation for fighting back mind.

Canny enlightening seeing all the forum hooligans coming out of the woodwork to justify all this like.

Hooligan? Never had a fight at a football match in my life and don't intend to however if I was attacked I'd feel vindicated to defend myself.  From what I've seen/read it's quite clear Russian / French hooligans have started most of the violence.  Having said that, there's cleary a significant number of English happy to revel in the chaos. My feeling is that the vast majority of English who are well behaved are easy targets for both violence and blame.

Then you are part of the problem. It's the perennial excuse... the poor England fans who were attacked, provoked by heavy-handed policing and so on and so on... it's bullshit!

It takes two sides to fight.

As a reasonable adult, if I were attacked I would get myself out of that situation as quickly as possible, not escalate it by fighting back. Throwing bottles, goading police and punching old men holding shopping bags is not defensive.

I haven't seen much of it but I wouldn't be quick to judge the England fans. English fans have a reputation that precedes them meaning wherever they go they seem to get handled heavily by the police and provoked by ultras from other groups, I've seen it with Newcastle fans away doing nothing wrong. I've no doubt there are dickhead England fans, but I'm sure any set would have a fair few who react to being charged and attacked by Russian hooligans and French police looking for a fight.

So aye, they shouldn't react, but I don't think they're really worse than any other set.

So.with alll that happened insid the stadium and then in Nice are we still blaming all the England fans?

Seems to me theres been a lot of organised violence here and unfortunately weve been caught up in it

A few lads i know out there so i hope everyone is ok. One i havent heard from since this morning.

I haven't seen much of it but I wouldn't be quick to judge the England fans. English fans have a reputation that precedes them meaning wherever they go they seem to get handled heavily by the police and provoked by ultras from other groups, I've seen it with Newcastle fans away doing nothing wrong. I've no doubt there are dickhead England fans, but I'm sure any set would have a fair few who react to being charged and attacked by Russian hooligans and French police looking for a fight.

So aye, they shouldn't react, but I don't think they're really worse than any other set.

So.with alll that happened insid the stadium and then in Nice are we still blaming all the England fans?

Seems to me theres been a lot of organised violence here and unfortunately weve been caught up in it

A few lads i know out there so i hope everyone is ok. One i havent heard from since this morning.

The perennial excuses.

Yes it's a minority. Yes other countrys' 'supporters' may often throw the first punch. But this happens tournament after tournament with England fans, our reputation has been well earned.

The only way we will lose that reputation is if these excuses stop and England fans get the message that, whatever the provocation, 'fighting back' is not excusable.

Vast majority fine and in good spirits today in Marseille. The harbour area is obviously a no go for any decent human, but don't let that overshadow a good and well behaved day overall, plenty of interaction between Russians and English all over from what we saw in and out of the stadium, a lot of Russians apologising on the way out for trouble their fans started.

Talk of banning England fans from tournaments is a bit silly, got to remember there had to be at least 40k in the city today.

Then you are part of the problem. It's the perennial excuse... the poor England fans who were attacked, provoked by heavy-handed policing and so on and so on... it's bullshit!

It takes two sides to fight.

As a reasonable adult, if I were attacked I would get myself out of that situation as quickly as possible, not escalate it by fighting back. Throwing bottles, goading police and punching old men holding shopping bags is not defensive.

Nar, when did I say punching old blokes was defending yourself?  It's easy to say you'd go back to your hotel room but if your friends or family are being attacked what would you do?

The perennial excuses.

Yes it's a minority. Yes other countrys' 'supporters' may often throw the first punch. But this happens tournament after tournament with England fans, our reputation has been well earned.

The only way we will lose that reputation is if these excuses stop and England fans get the message that, whatever the provocation, 'fighting back' is not excusable.

Actually it is, it's called self defence and allowed in law.

The worrying thing about this is that I'd imagine the authorities over there are already pre-occupied with trying to ensure any potential terrorist threat is taken care of. All this cannot be helping at all.

The worrying thing about this is that I'd imagine the authorities over there are already pre-occupied with trying to ensure any potential terrorist threat is taken care of. All this cannot be helping at all.

They didn't do very well. Not many police on streets and Russians got fireworks into the game :lol: useless

The perennial excuses.

Actually it is, it's called self defence and allowed in law.

There seems to be two reactions though when some lads come marching towards an England fan area looking for trouble and you can see examples of both in the videos. There's "Ah fuck, these French lads look like they've come to cause bother. Best move inside." If some local yoof comes up to you ready to take a swing, if course you can deck the little prick in self defence.

But then there's "It's the French! Quick, wreck the cafe, grab a chunk and charge towards them chucking whatever you can!"

You could class the latter as group defence, but even if they started it or provoked it, it doesn't seem to be helpful.