Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

This poll is closed to new votes

Thing is I think Gayle is a really switched-on guy and, generally speaking, his attitude is good. It doesn't help us tonight but I reckon he'll learn from that and he'll pull the trigger in similar situations in the future.

The ref got the decision right, but it is undeniable that you've seen them given.

I hope other refs can make the same decision when other strikers move in a way that is more intended to produce contact than score a goal.

The ref got the decision right, but it is undeniable that you've seen them given.

I hope other refs can make the same decision when other strikers move in a way that is more intended to produce contact than score a goal.

Yep, it's part of the game unfortunately. We'e seeing top players doing this week in, week out. I don't like it, but while others are getting away with it, I'm not going to waste my time fretting about Gayle doing it. He tried, got booked, end of story far as I'm concerned.

I agree with Alan here, absolutely pointless from Gayle. Idiotic in fact. Needs to improve a lot & show us something else going forward as that was embarrassing.

Looked a pen where I was sat - do replays show it was a dive then? Odd he should dive as he was through on goal  ???

Other than that I think he did ok when he came on - I thought his header was in - must have been close.

I agree with Alan here, absolutely pointless from Gayle. Idiotic in fact. Needs to improve a lot & show us something else going forward as that was embarrassing.

Looked a pen where I was sat - do replays show it was a dive then? Odd he should dive as he was through on goal  ???

Other than that I think he did ok when he came on - I thought his header was in - must have been close.

I thought there was slight contact which might have put him off his stride, but he definitely made a meal of it.

It was a blatant dive. And the fact he was standing there thinking about diving instead of doing what he is paid for and having a shot is embarrassing.

Attempting to draw a foul is not a dive and not against the laws of the game. If every player were booked for deliberately drawing a foul no defender would see out 90 minutes.

It was a dive and it wasn’t a penalty but if exactly the same incident  had taken place in the other box and involved Sterling or Aguero then a penalty would have followed. 100% certain it would have been given the other way.

Attempting to draw a foul is not a dive and not against the laws of the game. If every player were booked for deliberately drawing a foul no defender would see out 90 minutes.

Do defenders draw fouls? It's forwards surely. And I'm not saying drawing a foul deserves a booking. Arguably Gayle should not have been booked because there was contact. Not giving him the penalty he sacrificed a shooting opportunity for may have been punishment enough.

Anyway, all everybody wants is consistency. Not the "Harry Kane is not that kind of player" bollocks we get now. Had Gayle got a penalty, it would actually have evened out the Tiote (RIP) non goal against City. After that went in, at least two City players who had their backs to the incident got in the ref's face arguing the decision. They are hardly a paragon of fair play.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely bottled our best chance of the match tonight. Clean through and went down. Championship level striker, yet I'd still start him V Brighton, which says it all.

Is this a joke?

It was a dive and it wasn’t a penalty but if exactly the same incident  had taken place in the other box and involved Sterling or Aguero then a penalty would have followed. 100% certain it would have been given the other way.

Exactly what we all said, Yes theres contact, not enough to bring him down so no penalty....had it been Aguero, PELANTY!

Exactly what we all said, Yes theres contact, not enough to bring him down so no penalty....had it been Aguero, PELANTY!

Aye, the pundits would all have been saying how it was clever play to draw the foul.

Tough luck lately for Gayle; unlucky not to score in last couple of games; and getting dogs’ abuse for making perfectly understandable split-second decision to go down. Wrong decision, but hindsight is wonderful. Hope he’s able to pop back into shape mentally for Brighton (On which, I wish Shearer would ‘curb his enthusiasm’ for making harsh personal  criticism of current players: Thauvin, Mitrovic, Shelvey, Gayle. Ranting like a random, doesn't help).  Gayle still our best bet to score. I think he missed both Brighton games last year?

Definite dive and the right decision, but it was the same as Alli who ‘won’ the penalty, which all pundits agreed was a penalty.  Strange that!

This was my first thought too. Fucking hate Alli mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Awful today.

Thought he was as lively myself, good positions etc. but wasn’t played in enough times. Did most of his best work a bit deeper mind...