New club captain

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couldn't give a shit as long as it's not Colback.

And this.

Tim hat well and truly on, but Colback probably wouldn't be an awful Championship captain.

Still Jamaal for me by a country mile.

Didn't know you were a Celtic fan.

And this.

Tim hat well and truly on, but Colback probably wouldn't be an awful Championship captain.

Didn't know you were a Celtic fan.

Spent a while googling assuming Colback was off to Celtic. Fucking Tim hat.

And this.

Based on what?

It's nailed on Sissoko if he stays as it'll be part of the bargaining talk.

If he goes then the fact that there's no obvious choice is the telling factor.  Id hazard a guess and say De Jong.

Is there a rule out there that necessitates the presence of a so called 'club captain'

We have one man in charge, his name is Rafa Benitez.

This year is a chance for a few players to step up, wear the captain's armband when picked to do so, and prove that they can lead the cob going forward.

Giving so much sway to a single club captain did not work out well for us in the past, we need to go back to when we had Nolan and half a squad of team captains.

Easily Lascelles

Although he hasn't played that many games and is still young he has shown he is more than capable of it. The way he stepped up towards the end of last season was so impressive

The only issue I can see is if we sign a CB that will start ahead of Lascelles

Is there a rule out there that necessitates the presence of a so called 'club captain'

We have one man in charge, his name is Rafa Benitez.

This year is a chance for a few players to step up, wear the captain's armband when picked to do so, and prove that they can lead the cob going forward.

Giving so much sway to a single club captain did not work out well for us in the past, we need to go back to when we had Nolan and half a squad of team captains.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Benitez likes to have a nominated player who does the bollocking for him. I'm pretty sure I read someone named as his Liverpool bollocker (not Captain Gerrard, someone Spanish, I think). Even if Lascelles isn't given the armband, he might be given this job.

Lascelles out of the current lot, Siem does not play regularly enough to be considered. I wonder if there are any leadership credentials in Ritchie though.

If Rafa brings in his own captain, then make Lascelles the deputy so he can eventually grow into the role.

Lascelles out of the current lot, although would only really be mad at Janmaat, Wijnaldum, Sissoko or Cisse getting it.

Head says he's yet to join though.

If we bring in an experienced CM who will start regularly there's an argument for it to go to them. Quite abstract at the minute with them being un-named, but Lascelles had already showed that he'll lead regardless; we'll get two for the price of one.

If we bring in an experienced CM who will start regularly there's an argument for it to go to them. Quite abstract at the minute with them being un-named, but Lascelles had already showed that he'll lead regardless; we'll get two for the price of one.

Keegan always said it didn't matter who was captain because a good side needed leaders all over the pitch and the dressing room. So as you say, whether Lascelles gets it or not is irrelevant. It would be good to encourage leadership amongst the entire playing and coaching staff so people can take initiative and make things happen. Pretty sure Rafa subscribes to this school of thought as well, as opposed to the King's reign.