Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Surprised about the criticism he’s received about the friendly last week. Not like he’s ever come across as a twatish player before, so I’d give him the benefit of the doubt.

Good to see he’s been replaced though. His days at PL level are over. He was brilliant for us when we needed him in the Championship but should never have been higher than 4th choice when we won promotion. 

I'd offer him a pay out to be honest. 

The lad twatted some random in a friendly and now he knows he's not got a chance of playing until the summer. I think keeping him around is just asking for poison in the well.

I’ve been very harsh and critical of him lately and still feel today him refusing to go out on loan is him sticking two fingers up to the whole situation he finds himself in and indeed the club now, but he was a worthy player for us especIally under Rafa and did more than good for us to help take us up and help keep us up.

This is what happens when there is no thought to investing in better players and having a clear view or idea of how and when to phase out/get rid of the likes of Clark, however.

If he was a true professional, he’d have chomped at the bit to go out on loan and try and secure a decent deal/club for himself as even an idiot would know his time is up here under our new owners. He has simply decided to collect the pay and see things out, he’s basically given up! 

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, BottledDog said:

There are a lot of cunts in this thread. 

May have made some brutal mistakes recently but, and possibly because, he gave his all.

Cheers for your efforts fella.

Yes and no, he cost us a probable win against Norwich when we fucking needed it.  There was no reason for that in that game and what happened in SA was fucking ludicrous.

He was decent at times but if we finish 18th and Norwich are 17th by 2 points or less then you can see where I am going.  He should have went out on loan, he would have earned the same as he does now.  That would only benefit him really, we would have been subsidising his wages.  Instead he has 6 months of sitting in the reserves towards the end of his career, it won't effect us, only him.

People need to stop finding issues and start finding positives like. That goes for life in general, and I include myself in that too. Fuck me, stirring up a frenzy about someone on his phone. It may be rude or whatever, but it's all just a bit OTT. 

Just now, Heron said:

People need to stop finding issues and start finding positives like. That goes for life in general, and I include myself in that too. Fuck me, stirring up a frenzy about someone on his phone. It may be rude or whatever, but it's all just a bit OTT. 

Aye. Our fans need to get a fucking grip. It's really not that deep.

The abuse this guy has got recently is bloody ridiculous. He is crap and was rightly de-registered. He is only still here thanks to Ashley though and has always seemed like a good pro. No need to read into small things and look to find issues. That Norwich defending was brainless too but some fans reacted like it was something far more insulting to us, when it was simply rash and impulsive as he had very little time to think. No need trying to justify the abuse. 

26 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

The abuse this guy has got recently is bloody ridiculous. He is crap and was rightly de-registered. He is only still here thanks to Ashley though and has always seemed like a good pro. No need to read into small things and look to find issues. That Norwich defending was brainless too but some fans reacted like it was something far more insulting to us, when it was simply rash and impulsive as he had very little time to think. No need trying to justify the abuse. 

I think before the Norwich incident he was barely in the minds of most people barring complaining about why he was in the team. That red card against Norwich was the last straw for most (including me). Could easily be the difference between staying up this season or not.

Glad that he's out of the team as he can no longer perform at this level. Him still having a contract is a remnant from the previous regime. Whether he wants to be a non-entity collecting his paycheck or is looking for another club, key is that he has played his last match for us.

9 hours ago, BottledDog said:

There are a lot of cunts in this thread. 

May have made some brutal mistakes recently but, and possibly because, he gave his all.

Cheers for your efforts fella.

I do agree with this. He wasn't good enough, but he did give 100% for the shirt when he was wearing it. Not impressed by him refusing to go out on loan though, that's taken away some of the goodwill he's earned.

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why is he training with the first team?

Yeah, I don’t get that. No matter who it was that was left out. To then have an unhappy, pissed off and unmotivated individual around the group who has no chance of playing seems a little odd. He might be the model professional mind and asked if he could still train with the first team.

I don't know for sure however he may have children settled in schools in or around Newcastle? that would have a bearing on my decision to move I think
Either way both sides of the argument are valid, sending off & other errors were poor, i'm 100% sure he didn't make those errors on purpose, conversely hes miles out of his depth now so rightly so hes been dropped from squad to make room for what we need.

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why is he training with the first team?

Would be pretty brutal to exclude him from training. Keeps him part of the group which is good for his well-being and team morale (would affect others seeing a team mate banished), suppose it’s also another body for training matches and tactical drills.

6 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I think before the Norwich incident he was barely in the minds of most people barring complaining about why he was in the team. That red card against Norwich was the last straw for most (including me). Could easily be the difference between staying up this season or not.

If we go down it's not because of a split second decision in one game where, anyone who has ever played CB would have potentially, instinctively done the same, it will be because of 14 years of neglect and 2 of gross managerial misconduct.