Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still am a 10 re: automatic promotion. But thought I'd have a deeper look into our remaining games, and only ours.

HOME                                           

25 Feb - Bristol City

11 Mar - Fulham

1 Apr - Wigan Athletic

5 Apr - Burton Albion

15 Apr - Leeds United

22 Apr - Preston North End

7 May - Barnsley

AWAY

28 Feb - Brighton & Hove Albion (Sky)

4 Mar - Huddersfield Town (Sky)

7 Mar - Reading

18 Mar - Birmingham City

8 Apr - Sheffield Wednesday

17 Apr - Ipswich Town

29 Apr - Cardiff City

At first glance our away fixtures are against tougher sides/sides that are close to us, where our home fixtures are teams further down the table, Leeds aside. Our away record is the best in the English leagues iirc, and we've only lost away at Fulham where you could argue we were finding our feet regarding team, tactics etc, Forest which was an utter farce and we were cheated out of 3 points by two utter cunts and Blackburn where if we played it another 9 times we'd win it each time.

Stay unbeaten throughout the 3 games after Bristol City and I think promotion is nailed if it isn't already now. Lose to only Brighton or Reading my opinion won't be affected too much. Lose 2 out of 3 or lose to Huddersfield then I'll be looking over my shoulder, but I think we will stay unbeaten throughout the 3. We have the best away record and a manager who knows how to win these games.

Worst possible result for us but hardly unexpected, they are on fire right now and awesome at home. It does mean though that barring a miracle Reading are out of the picture, it's firmly between Brighton, Huddersfield and ourselves. It's a shame we still have this stupid playoff system because those three have consistently shown that they are the best teams in the division and with the history of the playoff system highly likely that one won't be promoted. Honestly Brighton getting 89 points last season on not going up just isn't right, could be an even higher number for the 3rd place team this year.

It's a myth that the 3rd place team hardly ever goes up, 3rd place team usually goes up.

I don't really care above the stats here, I've not paid a lot of attention to the playoffs but the two instances I have are the time we were in them and of course I've looked back at last year on both occasions the team finishing 3rd didn't even get to Wembley, namely ourselves and Brighton. It's a horrible system, that only benefits the team who hit form at the end of the season. Psychologically it would be very difficult to overcome the disappointment for either Brighton or ourselves to have to contend with them after being in the automatic spot for how many months now ? There's a possibility that we could face a team who finished with 20 points less than us and they will prevail especially if it's someone like Sheff Wed who seem to be a recent bogey team for us.

It is what it is though and we all knew the rules before the season started, I just hope we don't have to worry about the play offs because I'm not confident at all in our ability to get though them.

Worst possible result for us but hardly unexpected, they are on fire right now and awesome at home. It does mean though that barring a miracle Reading are out of the picture, it's firmly between Brighton, Huddersfield and ourselves. It's a shame we still have this stupid playoff system because those three have consistently shown that they are the best teams in the division and with the history of the playoff system highly likely that one won't be promoted. Honestly Brighton getting 89 points last season on not going up just isn't right, could be an even higher number for the 3rd place team this year.

It's a myth that the 3rd place team hardly ever goes up, 3rd place team usually goes up.

I don't really care above the stats here, I've not paid a lot of attention to the playoffs but the two instances I have are the time we were in them and of course I've looked back at last year on both occasions the team finishing 3rd didn't even get to Wembley, namely ourselves and Brighton. It's a horrible system, that only benefits the team who hit form at the end of the season. Psychologically it would be very difficult to overcome the disappointment for either Brighton or ourselves to have to contend with them after being in the automatic spot for how many months now ? There's a possibility that we could face a team who finished with 20 points less than us and they will prevail especially if it's someone like Sheff Wed who seem to be a recent bogey team for us.

It is what it is though and we all knew the rules before the season started, I just hope we don't have to worry about the play offs because I'm not confident at all in our ability to get though them.

I agree going into the play offs isn't ideal, however the 3rd placed team has been promoted the most times, that is the only thing I'm disputing about what you said.

http://outside90.com/aaron-mooy-and-huddersfield-town-not-out-of-the-running-for-automatic-promotion-959/

Some Aussie journo thinks Huddersfield are on for no more than 91 points, with only us beating them. I've had us as finishing on anything between 92 - 97 for the last few weeks, but never below. Really hope they beat Man City tbh, a fixture pile up could be crucial.

I still am a 10 re: automatic promotion. But thought I'd have a deeper look into our remaining games, and only ours.

HOME                                           

25 Feb - Bristol City

11 Mar - Fulham

1 Apr - Wigan Athletic

5 Apr - Burton Albion

15 Apr - Leeds United

7 May - Barnsley

AWAY

7 Mar - Reading

18 Mar - Birmingham City

17 Apr - Ipswich Town

29 Apr - Cardiff City

At first glance our away fixtures are against tougher sides/sides that are close to us, where our home fixtures are teams further down the table, Leeds aside. Our away record is the best in the English leagues iirc, and we've only lost away at Fulham where you could argue we were finding our feet regarding team, tactics etc, Forest which was an utter farce and we were cheated out of 3 points by two utter cunts and Blackburn where if we played it another 9 times we'd win it each time.

Stay unbeaten throughout the 3 games after Bristol City and I think promotion is nailed if it isn't already now. Lose to only Brighton or Reading my opinion won't be affected too much. Lose 2 out of 3 or lose to Huddersfield then I'll be looking over my shoulder, but I think we will stay unbeaten throughout the 3. We have the best away record and a manager who knows how to win these games.

Just winning the 7 home games would give us 90 points, which will probably be enough.

It really hurts seeing folks on here already defeat our own club while were are in 1st, bravo to Mike Ashley and co for beating every ounce of fight out of some of the supporters of this club.

Think that is a bit of a dramatic re-telling of what's happening here, Kanji. :lol:

As if this place isn't emotive as fuck on every single result of our rivals :lol: just keep doing what we're doing and we'll go up. It's time to stand up and players perform. No Doubt in my mind that Rafa is ready with a plan for Huddersfield and Brighton and our players will perform.

HOME                                           

25 Feb - Bristol City

11 Mar - Fulham

1 Apr - Wigan Athletic

5 Apr - Burton Albion

15 Apr - Leeds United

7 May - Barnsley

AWAY

7 Mar - Reading

18 Mar - Birmingham City

17 Apr - Ipswich Town

29 Apr - Cardiff City

Just winning the 7 home games would give us 90 points, which will probably be enough.

I'm as confident of winning away games as I am the home games this season. We have often played awful stuff at home. Gayle being out is a real leveller.

Looking at that your last four matches are going to be against teams who are playing for fuck all. Even if it does go down to the wire, that will help (unless Huddersfield and Brighton have similar, but it's unlikely  - surely they're playing one or two who are going for the play offs or fighting for their lives?)

Our current points total coupled with our GD, would have been good enough for 7th last season !! Sheff Wed finished in the last play off spot with a total of 74 points. So if that holds for this year we are only 2 wins away from securing a playoff birth. Sad that, Sheff Wed also then knocked out a team that finished with 15 points more than them in the playoffs.

Read somewhere that Huddersfield have only gained one point on us since their run of wins started? And that the GD has increased.

(in the last 8 matches)

Only Sheff Wed have scored less goals than them in the top 10 and their +8 goal difference is pretty laughable for a team so high up in the table. They are winning the close games obviously but rarely steamroll the opposition, you can look at that as a sign of character but how sustainable is it ? Can their luck hold out for the remaining 14 games ?

Read somewhere that Huddersfield have only gained one point on us since their run of wins started? And that the GD has increased.

(in the last 8 matches)

thought it was more, they have won 8? and we have drawn some. could be wrong.

a quick check- they have 21 points from last 8- we have 17