Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading, Fulham, Wednesday and Leeds are all that's left from me going up to 10. Get past Reading and the two home games undefeated, then that's that for me.

Rafa will keep the players firmly on the ground and on their toes. We'd be utterly pathetic to throw away that 11 point lead.

I see Brighton's goalie gave the ball straight to the opposition striker for the second game running, only this time it wasn't Gouff.

I've been on 9 for months, since 10 is written next to Champions, but I think we're at 9.5 now.

Hopefully the pressure is off the players a bit now and we can go out and start battering teams at home.

they looked the most comfortable, relaxed and focused i've seen them for ages yesterday...hoping the brighton game and now this has cemented their belief, if so could be a storming end to the season now gayle is back

So at which game will promotion be confirmed?

Leeds (h) or Ipswich (a) both looking credible.

We effectively confirmed promotion vs Sheffield United (h) which was during the Easter weekend iirc so it's looking like one of those games. Hopefully it'll be the Leeds game.

Looking at the fixtures midweek, we could arguably be 14 points clear of the playoffs,  Huddersfield play Villa who have won 3 in 3, Leeds play away at a Fulham side who have won 4 and drawn 1 in there last 5, and we play Reading. If results do go our way, we'd have to lose half our remaining games for anyone to catch us.

Could quite easily be sitting on 82 points this time next week...I've said all along 88 will be needed to go up. Can't see Huddersfield getting 25 points from 36 to overhaul that...so I think only 4 wins for promotion

Huddersfield were much better than Brighton IMO. I could see former catching the latter if Brighton don't respond quickly.

I think Huddersfield will bounce back quickly from their defeat.

Really interested to see what happens.