Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was our run in as tough as this one? Can remember we played our closest rival West Brom in January when Lovenkrands scored after his father died.

Sky seem to be making it a big deal that our run in is much tougher than Brighton's.

West Brom games were the only tough games.

It was totally in the bag, like. I remember being on the train up to the Forest game and thinking "if we win this, that's it," but I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that we were already there. That season was a breeze.

I've 'enjoyed' this one less - in the respect that I've felt concerned/unconvinced more times than during 09/10... but the immense satisfaction I've got from feeling something again - win, lose or draw - has been unparalleled. I just hope it lasts.

And like I said last night - this season has been intense. I don't think any game in 09/10 had the drama of Norwich or Brighton, or even one of the more negative events like the last minute gutter against QPR or the farce at Forest. Maybe I've got memory bias, but I'm sure this one has had more occasions memorable for their omfgzzwtf factor.

Everything this season means a little more because this time we know Ashley better through everything he's put us through since coming back up, we have Rafa Benitez managing us and we're all very aware of the implications of not getting promoted and/or Ashley f***ing over Rafa. Everything in this is massively important.

I'd also venture to say there's a decent group of us who were either in their early-to-mid 20's or even late teens then too, we're just grasping everything far better and able to fully comprehend the tall task at hand.

I wish our lead at the top was as big as it was in 09/10. Every game feels huge this season.

It's not far off, to be fair. After 34 games in 09/10 we were 9 points clear of 3rd with 72 points.

Easy to forget with all the panicking recently that even having been on such a crazy run of wins Huddersfield have only gained two points on us over the last ten matches.

Worth remembering too that most of us thought we were gonna struggle big time in 09/10. Drubbed by Orient in pre season and with Hughton in charge, we weren't too optimistic. In contrast to this season when most thought it would be a breeze. 09/10 was a pleasant surprise all things considered.

We're a better footballing side and we are much better tactically now imo.  Although 09/10 we had probably a squad that was bizarrely more suited to Championship football (Nolan, Carroll, Williamson, prime Enrique, Lovenkrands etc) guess it shows how well Rafa is doing with this group.

Still say this team is better than 09/10's. Tougher league yet it's still matching/doing better.

I thought our defence was more solid that season. However, we conceded 35 goals in 46 games. At that rate, we'd concede 26 in 34 games, versus the 28 we've conceded this time. So no big difference when you actually crunch the numbers.