DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Was impressed with him at the World Cup 2014. Think he will do well here.

He did very well when he played, as no-one knew who he was, and that he was fast as f***. The American James McClean.

Take it you've not got much hope him working out for us?

He'll probably be fine in this division. I just don't think he'll amount to anything great in the long term.

I also see him as fairly representative of fast/athletic/big players who get opportunities above players with actual technical skills.

Was impressed with him at the World Cup 2014. Think he will do well here.

He did very well when he played, as no-one knew who he was, and that he was fast as f***. The American James McClean.

Take it you've not got much hope him working out for us?

He'll probably be fine in this division. I just don't think he'll amount to anything great in the long term.

I also see him as fairly representative of fast/athletic/big players who get opportunities above players with actual technical skills.

:thup:

Outside of Sissoko, NUFC have been one of he slowest and least athletic sides, at least at Premier League level for quite a while. I welcome the injection of pace. Yedlin can hide his technical and mental deficiencies quite well at this level, imo, and should be extremely useful this season.

Spot on:

Craig HopeVerified account

‏@CraigHope_DM

It'll be one out & one in with Daryl Janmaat on his way & DeAndre Yedlin set for NUFC medical. That, for me, is a fairly big downgrade

He will be among the top top right backs in this division. Don't see what the problem is.

Also allows us to more easily upgrade RB next season to someone better than Janmaat. If Janmaat stayed we probably wouldn't have tried to find anyone better next season.

Guest firetotheworks

Some American style unnecessary syllables before their first names could really liven up our squad tbh.

Lechancel Mbemba

Jerjonjo Shelvey

Bojack Colback

:megusta:

D'Brickamaal Lascelles.

:lol:

We've already got Ayayrons and Du'met

Haven't seen that much of him but if you look at his pace alone then i think he'll be a better fit with Ritchie than Janmaat/Anita as he can offer some width and is really fast. Especially since Ritchie plays as a inverted winger for us. He's guick but he's not a direct player looking to go on the outside and all the way down to the touchline too often. Having a pacey player running up and down along the side line stretching the opposition a bit will give Ritchie more room to do what he is good at.

The fact we're replacing a player that has looked jaded for a while with a player that wants to be here and is adding as Segun said above, athleticism and pace which we have long missed, I can't see this as anything but an upgrade. Sure he may not be at the same skill level as Janmaat but what's a skill level worth with no application? He'll boss this level and we can upgrade as and when we need to.

Despite him being at the unwashed last season I know very little about him if truth be told. What is the general feeling towards this signing, happy, meh, disappointed?

Mate at work says he should be great in the Championship.

Just said what others have said - defensive positioning isn't great, great going forward and taking the ball up the pitch.