DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Janmaat replacement then.

What international tournament was it he was in prior to joining Tottenham? Remember him looking really good in that, which led to the move.

...the world cup

Never heard of it mate

You can be negative about a signing with good reason while also being hopeful that those negative qualities can be improved ipon here. There was perfectly good reason to be skeptical about the Townsend signing; it was incumbent upon the lad to prove the detractors wrong and he certainly did.

If you have watched Yedlin over the years, as many of us from the US have, there is ample reason to be skeptical again. And hopefully that will be proven wrong again.

Don't know much about him but since he's replacing Janmaat I'm more than okay with it. When it comes to signing defenders I would trust Rafa to do his homework since he doesn't tend to tolerate crap for long. There were loads of doubts about Clark here as well so it will be interesting to see how both players develop under Rafa.

Just had a quick look on RTG and they seem to think he's not so bad. Honestly don't know enough about him to say much else.

Aye but just wait until we sign him.  The Paraffins will be lining up to say how crap he was.

Just had a quick look on RTG and they seem to think he's not so bad. Honestly don't know enough about him to say much else.

Aye but just wait until we sign him.  The Paraffins will be lining up to say how crap he was.

tbf the thread is about him signing for us. Maybe that means he's brilliant ?

hope he comes good here.  he does have pace like crazy & while can do the odd inexplicable foul for a card thing, he more often puts in a decent cross...just no often enough. like Andy said, this could be the making of him.  Rafa i think will do him a world of good.  so, while not 'chuffed' or 'over the moon' about the signing, i am cautiously optimistic