Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knockheart V Dummett

Let that sink in.

No great concern. Dummet is a good marker and will relish the test.

However because of this I think Rafa will want to double up so we can forget about Atsu, even though his defensive work rate was quite impressive on Saturday.

Knockheart V Dummett

Let that sink in.

No great concern. Dummet is a good marker and will relish the test.

However because of this I think Rafa will want to double up so we can forget about Atsu, even though his defensive work rate was quite impressive on Saturday.

In games like this Dummett is the least of our worries, games at home vs s**** a different matter. 

Lacselles remains our biggest worry in defence imo

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see anything other than a Brighton win. They've beaten us regularly down there, they're in better form, play better football. We don't have a fully fit Gayle, our defence isn't playing well, our form isn't great. But then again, football.

Beaten us regularly? :lol: Twice in cup games years ago when we were a completely different team that didn't even want to compete in the cups. I'd say those games are irrelevant for tonights game. Rest of your post is fair enough, but don't think you should discard Rafa, our away form this season and that we tend to play better against better opposition.

How so many are saying that they "can't see anything but Brighton win (or draw in some cases)" is beyond me to be honest. Not saying it'll be an easy game, we'll have to cut out a lot of the shite we've seen recently, but we're more than capable of beating them.

Regularly as in we haven't won in Brighton since 1989, so yeah, regularly. And yes, I understand that they are different teams, that doesn't stop records from perpetuating for years and years throughout football regardless of that fact though, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it and records such as 'X hasn't beaten Y in Z amount of years' facts wouldn't be brought up time and time again, but they are, because they're relevant.

Doesn't Knockeart play on the oppsite win to Dummett in anyway?

Yes, but the right wingers do tend to go up against left backs.

Thought Knockheart plays mostly on the left.

He does, to the opposition keeper.

Knockheart V Dummett

Let that sink in.

Wasn't that the talk before the game up here and he was kept fairly quiet?

Yeap, he was terrible that day.  Knockheart that is.

He wasn't terrible really, he just kept having to take the ball in deep positions because they couldn't get a foothold in the game

Be interested to see if they do go 4-4-2 tonight. They only had 37% possession against Reading at the weekend so if it follows the same pattern but they're unable to put a man on Shelvey (unless one of the front two drop back) it could be up to us to dictate the tempo and pace of the game. At the same time they're, obviously, very decent on the break and out wide and given that we're weak from crosses that cause us problems. Think we'll win (no real reason, just think we will) but I expect it to be a decent game.

Gets to the last 5-10 mins at level and I expect both teams to settle for the point though.

Be interested to see if they do go 4-4-2 tonight. They only had 37% possession against Reading at the weekend so if it follows the same pattern but they're unable to put a man on Shelvey (unless one of the front two drop back) it could be up to us to dictate the tempo and pace of the game. At the same time they're, obviously, very decent on the break and out wide and given that we're weak from crosses that cause us problems. Think we'll win (no real reason, just think we will) but I expect it to be a decent game.

Gets to the last 5-10 mins at level and I expect both teams to settle for the point though.

Agree here. I'm looking forward to tonight, even though I'll get nervous before kickoff, let's go there and put in a proper away performance and show what we are made of - howay the fucking lads.

Just seen the points about the ref.

WTF? He's refereeing the main promotion rivals of the team he supports in a game right before we f***ing play Huddersfield too? Mental from the FA.

Yep. Odds on a soft-as-anything, first half yellow for Ritchie to keep him out of the Huddersfield and Reading games?

Just seen the points about the ref.

WTF? He's refereeing the main promotion rivals of the team he supports in a game right before we f***ing play Huddersfield too? Mental from the FA.

Although I don't think he'll be biased, it does put him in a position where it could be hard to be impartial. The FA really don't do themselves any favours.

I'd like to see mitro and murphy up top together, I think they'd bully the defenders and help lay off chances for the likes of ritchie and jonjo.

I'm mostly worried whether lascelles and darlow will be in clanger mode..

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly, the bloke could support Gateshead and he'd completely fuck everything up. There's only one ref I can think of who's worse.

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/jonjo-shelvey-red-card-stephen-martin-referee-newcastle-united-650x400.jpg