The other games today 2017/18

Greg

DJSAAayW0AECehM.jpg

Yea I think it's a red

But his head is stooped half a foot. Soft c***.

The ball not playable by foot when it's 5ft in the air anymore like? Head height rules it is then.

But he's not played the ball, he's fouled the opponent dangerously. It's a red all day long man. [emoji38]

People with this 'gane's gone soft' bolloxks over that.

Looks conclusive from that photo mind.

As neville pointed out, it was always going to look bad. In real time it was a bog standard 50/50. Pretty much every ex pro is saying it's an atrocious decision. Non-contact by the end of the year.

Arm them all with nunchucks and switchblades, good old days.

Guest neesy111

DJSAAayW0AECehM.jpg

Yea I think it's a red

The ball not playable by foot when it's 5ft in the air anymore like? Head height rules it is then.

But he's not played the ball, he's fouled the opponent dangerously. It's a red all day long man. [emoji38]

As neville pointed out, it was always going to look bad. In real time it was a bog standard 50/50. Pretty much every ex pro is saying it's an atrocious decision. Non-contact by the end of the year.

Bet if an opposition player did that to Me nufc player most people would be up in arms....

I think a red like that should be one game ban though, it's a really harsh punishment. Three game bans should be reserved for elbows, headbutts and leg breakers IMO

He broke Ederson's jaw most likely

He's just going for the ball though it's not like he's kicked Ederson full force in the face on purpose. Ederson is the one making the forward movement

DJSAAayW0AECehM.jpg

Yea I think it's a red

Bet if an opposition player did that to Me nufc player most people would be up in arms....

Obviously, me included. Baying for the red like a dog in heat.

DJSAAayW0AECehM.jpg

Yea I think it's a red

And most '50-50s' if you're out of control are late, miss the ball, and endanger an opponent, then you're rightfully sent off. If someone goes over the top of the ball and cracks someone in the shin, even though a high percentage of those challenges are normally still a genuine attempt to get the ball, you should still be sent off man.

I think a red like that should be one game ban though, it's a really harsh punishment. Three game bans should be reserved for elbows, headbutts and leg breakers IMO

He's just going for the ball though it's not like he's kicked Ederson full force in the face on purpose. Ederson is the one making the forward movement

intent is irrelevant according to the laws of the game

so if a player two foots someone but he's going for the ball is it not a red?

No, because when you're going in two footed you are the one making the movement to recklessly go in. Mane just kind of left his foot there

Lots of reds are because the player has gone in with excessive force, Mane had only 1 way of getting the ball and a fraction of a second quicker and he'd have got to the ball and been cleaned out. Would the keeper have been sent off? The injury shouldn't influence the decision. I'm really not sure what else Mane could have done?

Jamie "Soft cunt" Carragher

Lots of reds are because the player has gone in with excessive force, Mane had only 1 way of getting the ball and a fraction of a second quicker and he'd have got to the ball and been cleaned out. Would the keeper have been sent off? The injury shouldn't influence the decision. I'm really not sure what else Mane could have done?

Yes, if the rules are applied correctly.

If Mane got the ball first, didn't touch the keeper and the keeper took him out then the keeper would have been sent off like

yes he would have, stopping a clear goalscoring chance in that scenario

I think the answer is you can't challenge with your foot that close to an opponents head at that speed full stop. You can say it's soft and all but plenty of athletes have died to head trauma. If that doesn't qualify as 'endangering the safety of a player' what on earth does?