Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

17 hours ago, 80 said:

I really think it's the opposite with him. By all accounts he's a bright guy and his problems seem to usually come from him overthinking situations. There really is such a thing as being too clever for your own good.

Looks like him and Eddie are in the process of cracking it though, which is great.

Yeah it could be that, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s stupid just it’s a mental issue in his play that’s affecting his game. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

He's started 10 games this season, and we've won 9 of them, and drew the other at Old Trafford :lol:

That's insane given we've 13 total all season. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

That's insane given we've 13 total all season. 

Actually my stat was wrong, he started the Wednesday defeat, the games he started and results:

Tranmere (a) - League Cup - 2-1 win

Fulham (a) - Premier League - 4-1 win

Brentford (h) - Premier League - 5-1 win

Man United (a) - Premier League - 0-0 draw

Everton (h) - Premier League - 1-0 win

Southampton (a) - Premier League - 4-1 win

Sheff Wed (a) - FA Cup - 2-1 loss

Wolves (h) - Premier League - 2-1 win

Nottingham Forest (a) - Premier League - 2-1 win

Man United (h) - Premier League - 2-0 win

10 starts, 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat

Cannot believe how much better he's gotten. Love his attitude and his commitment. He's a valuable squad member, no doubt. We can and will upgrade on him from a skill standpoint but players like him buying in and grafting like crazy are a big reason we are the squad we are. 

Think we've really simplified his game and mindset

He's the type of player who if he has too much time to think about what he's going to, he'll usually pick the wrong option but his role is very clear and defined now.

Really pleased for him

9 minutes ago, Aiston said:

He's been decent in his latest stint.

Needs to add some end product now.

He couldn't have done much better for that Isak/Willock chance in the first half

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

like him.

he's old school when it comes to wing play.

a bit like gillespie was but no where near as good.

I don't recall him ever beating his man on the outside and crossing from the byline though, that was Gillespie's signature move.

54 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He couldn't have done much better for that Isak/Willock chance in the first half

It was good from him, we need more of that and him to be more of a goal threat himself as well.

1 hour ago, HawK said:

I don't recall him ever beating his man on the outside and crossing from the byline though, that was Gillespie's signature move.

Love wingers like that.  Don't seem to see them much these days.

18 hours ago, Adam said:

Speaks really well on this podcast, top lad. 

Who's the beardy twat?  Listened to this one and the one where they had Trippier on and he is insufferable.  I'd rather listen to Rio, he's that bad. 

21 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

He's become an integral part of the squad, hasn't he? His enthusiasm and character clearly have played a big part. He's clearly very well liked and gets 'it'. :thup:

agree with this totally, he has really really grown on me this season and long may it continue

A beneficiary of a "gentle Howe-ing" [emoji38] - that is, made to play within his strengths and limitations and coached and drilled day-in day-out to slot into the system we play. And it gets better and better the more game time he gets and the fitter he becomes over the season.

4 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Who's the beardy twat?  Listened to this one and the one where they had Trippier on and he is insufferable.  I'd rather listen to Rio, he's that bad. 

Rio constantly did a thing of asking a question then answering his own question.

Murphy came over well, felt like he was mimicking some of Howes way of talking at times (just certain turns of phrase) it’s clear that he’s fully bought in. 

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

For 5’s with small goals and pitch you’d go…

Given

Colo

Bruno

HBA

Beardsley

Surely

Krul (penalties)

Schar (for the blasted shots on goal)

Bruno (no brainer, Futsal)

Ben Arfa 

Shearer

Subs