Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Jacob Murphy:

“My mother is from Birtley, my dad a little further up in Ashington and the rest of my family are all from Gateshead. They’ve always been Newcastle fans so that’s who I chose to follow."

Didn't know that tbh, explains his passion & commitment to us 

20 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Jacob Murphy:

“My mother is from Birtley, my dad a little further up in Ashington and the rest of my family are all from Gateshead. They’ve always been Newcastle fans so that’s who I chose to follow."

Didn't know that tbh, explains his passion & commitment to us 

I half expected this to go a bit like the Stewart Lee piss-take of American comedians.

"My mother is from Birtley, my dad is from Ashington, the rest of my family are from Gateshead. So you give me a saveloy dip, I don't know whether to EAT IT, or STICK IT UP MY ASS."

• 2 weeks later...

I know Almiron has been class at times this season, but it is refreshing having a naturally right footed player in that position.

This lad has played well, despite his limitations, and always gives 110% for the shirt.

Might just be his best game in a toon top that. I thought he used the ball well, did the dirty work he had to and his decision making was spot on.

I've slated him in the past but he's starting to show he can play a part, delighted for the guy.

Love him me. Will be honour to take him to the arse end of Belgium or wherever next year and see him shithousing his way around continent.

CL standard shithouse.

Pleased for him, seems to have worked hard and can see him being a valuable member of the squad for a few years yet as someone to come on and shithouse away the end of games.

Did think Gordon looked vastly better mind, wouldn't be surprised to see him start one of the next two games in Murphy's place.

I’m one of his biggest critics but he’s probably had his best 2 games in his career here.

If he turns it round it would make all the other turnarounds pale in comparison 

He is earning his chance to stick around next year. Will depend who we can attract and how much the ownership are willing to spend this summer.

Ironically Murphy helping us achieve top 4 could cost him his place. His versatility, HGP status and likely lower wages might save him.

56 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I know Almiron has been class at times this season, but it is refreshing having a naturally right footed player in that position.

This lad has played well, despite his limitations, and always gives 110% for the shirt.

Crosses coming in for Isak are always going to be dangerous.

24 minutes ago, Ace said:

I’m one of his biggest critics but he’s probably had his best 2 games in his career here.

If he turns it round it would make all the other turnarounds pale in comparison 

Why has it taken him nearly four years to play like an actual professional footballer.  That's what irritates me.