Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

His turn around has been the most shocking for me. He was here for so many years without showing a glimmer of quality, and now he's an adequate squad player in our CL squad.

Massive credit to Howe, not for the improvement (well obviously that) but in even seeing that the improvement was possible. There isn't a single Newcastle fan who wouldn't have had Murphy on the "Sell ASAP" list and not even have given the lad a chance to prove otherwise.

Yeah it's not really a shock when he plays well anymore but it still astounds me the turnaround in his performances. 

Like other said, always felt he had great attributes with his speed and decent cross/shot. But he never seemed to have any confidence or game awareness. 

Is there any players left from the Bruce era that Howe hasn't completely turned their performances around? 

Maybe just Ritchie? With his old man legs I doubt it, if he ever got a game again but nothing would shock me anymore 🤣

3 hours ago, alexf said:

Yeah it's not really a shock when he plays well anymore but it still astounds me the turnaround in his performances. 

Like other said, always felt he had great attributes with his speed and decent cross/shot. But he never seemed to have any confidence or game awareness. 

Is there any players left from the Bruce era that Howe hasn't completely turned their performances around? 

Maybe just Ritchie? With his old man legs I doubt it, if he ever got a game again but nothing would shock me anymore 🤣

Fraser?

8 hours ago, Skeletor said:

His turn around has been the most shocking for me. He was here for so many years without showing a glimmer of quality, and now he's an adequate squad player in our CL squad.

Well said, but if I can just qualify what you're saying a bit - the strange thing for me is that 'adequate' no longer seems to do him justice. He's continuing to improve and I no longer have any concerns when I see him in the starting line-up.

He might not be one of our best, but he's been pretty effective in this team. Plus watching him you can see the joy in his face almost for just being here. Will live in memory for his sh**housery waving bye to one of the opposition. Likeable, good solid backup, won't take us to next level but has shown he can be relied on when needed

1 hour ago, madras said:

It's not "now", he was very good, confident crossing and shooting most of last season.

In the second half of the season, certainly. He was a very big part of getting us out of that non-scoring lull we had January to March.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The confidence now is great. He’s not just looking to hold the ball and feed it outside to Trippier, he’s taking on shots and crosses himself. 

Makes the team much more difficult to play against as well, extremely unpredictable combo. 

Yes, I was very impressed with him taking the ball on with trips open to his right, keeps the opposition guessing and must be a nightmare to defend.

10 minutes ago, 80 said:

In the second half of the season, certainly. He was a very big part of getting us out of that non-scoring lull we had January to March.

He was very good in the October run last season too though

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

He was very good in the October run last season too though

My memory is hazy but you're probably right. I was wanting him to come in to replace Miggy in Jan-March so I must have had a good reason :lol:

I remember thinking around September time that it looked like he was the one player I had hopes for that didn't look like he was going to get Howed, though. Then finally his brain clicked.

Is there a way to search for all a user's posts in a particular thread?

Had a quick look back through, he was still getting dog's abuse in mid October. Would guess it was the Aston Villa 4-0 match where he smashed the post where it all began to turn around for him. Suddenly this thread went very quiet for a couple of months.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Is there a way to search for all a user's posts in a particular thread?

Had a quick look back through, he was still getting dog's abuse in mid October. Would guess it was the Aston Villa 4-0 match where he smashed the post where it all began to turn around for him. Suddenly this thread went very quiet for a couple of months.

It peaked after the sheff wed cup match last season

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It peaked after the sheff wed cup match last season

On 03/01/2023 at 22:23, 80 said:

One of the few players that seems to have gone backwards rather than forwards this season, unfortunately.

Yeah you're right. I was looking for this post of mine, but was going too far back in the season.

Yeah, he was particularly minging that day, but everyone was shit against Shef Wednesday. I'm just so pleased he's turned it around, that interview at the end of the season on the pitch, you can see what it means to him. He's all of us man

14 hours ago, Wullie said:

Massive credit to Howe, not for the improvement (well obviously that) but in even seeing that the improvement was possible. There isn't a single Newcastle fan who wouldn't have had Murphy on the "Sell ASAP" list and not even have given the lad a chance to prove otherwise.

Screenshot_20231022_144256_Chrome.jpg