Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Tries hard but so would I if I got the chance. He’s a good knock for a mid-table Championship team wanting a Playoff push but if he hangs around it’ll be like Sammy Ameobi playing for us in Europe all over again.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Tries hard but so would I if I got the chance. He’s a good knock for a mid-table Championship team wanting a Playoff push but if he hangs around it’ll be like Sammy Ameobi playing for us in Europe all over again.

Whatever happened to Sammy?

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

The minute the ball gets to him in a dangerous area his feet start going like they're in quicksand and the decision is wrong 9 times out of 10

Should have been offloaded long long ago.

Someone has to be willing to buy him that's the problem. 

I was screaming at him to drive forward when he had that one on one but he just jogged slowly until another few defenders got back. It was tragic but encapsulates him as a footballer.

He just doesn't know what to do with a football.

Edited by Chris_R

I don’t want to hate on any of our players really because they all seem canny players and I do believe they give their all, well now under Howe. But starting the likes of Murphy, Wood, Lewis, Manquillo who had a good first half to be fair, Ritchie, and even Longstaff and Lascelles isn’t going to cut it if we want to be a top team. They all need peddled in reality. Isak, out for a few months, showed more class and movement than Wood in his cameo for fuck’s sake. Bruno showed instantly and Trippier when they come on the gulf in class. Having that back 4 made Botman, an outstanding player, look dross. It’s not good enough and as a club we now need to start thinking like this because you can guarantee Man City wouldn’t accept a Lascelles or a Ritchie or a Lewis or Murphy or a Wood even when they were first starting off on their trajectory. Thanks Ashley, big couple of transfer windows ahead obviously! 

Edited by King HTT III

It’s time to move on from this guy. He’s had so many chances and been with us for years, his contribution just isn’t what’s required. Don’t give a fuck that he has a big funny mouth and supports Newcastle, he isn’t good enough. 

Most infuriating aspect of him today was mentality. Looked intimidated and like he didn’t want to be there. When he was out through 1 on 1 he just stood there waiting to be tackled, and the attempted lob was inexplicable. 

I ask the same question I’ve asked of other players: would he get minutes in another premier league side? I’m not sure he would. Perhaps Bournemouth, Southampton or forest, but even then as a substitute most likely. 

I don' know what level this guy has to play at to feel comfortable. Feels like even an U-15 game where he was towering above everyone else would feel like a burden if it was a cup final. He should have ripped them apart today.

Athleticism, pace and maybe the ability to take instruction defensively - whatever ability he has its not as a footballer.

Feels harsh to attack someone who just isn't very good but the wasting a guilt edged opportunity in that one on one to deploy his only attributes and on top of that to dawdle so long, be so unaware that people will get back was total lost cause stuff and not remotely untypical.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He's put in a couple of woeful shifts of late. 

It's not asking that much to do something off the bench or against lower division oppositon surely? Pretty hard to perform low with such little expectation, yet he still seems to manage it.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Murphy was actually looking quite useful off the bench pre-World Cup too. It goes without saying that he needs upgrading, but shifting him will be tough on that juicy six year contract. 

Christ, just checked when you wrote that - it expires in 2027!  Fucking Ashley, Jesus wept