Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

7 hours ago, St1pe said:

“die to make every challenge” my god!

Always baffles me after a loss when comments like this come out. It’s embarrassing. 

It also dispels this myth that we just demand players who put 100% in. Murphy always gives his all. He’s a squad player with limited ability, he clearly loves being here and gives everything - he’s just not great and it shows at times like tonight. Yet he gets destroyed for not being good enough. 

I feel like he’s shown his limited use as cover in that RW position as he’s put in some decent 7/10 performances lately. He’s got one of them in him like last night and was dreadful. 

Does he need replacing if we’re going to improve as a squad? Yes. It isn’t for want of effort though and the personal stuff makes is look like mugs.

I agree with your sentiment about the excess reaction yesterday but I don’t think he gave his all yesterday.

:lol: at the notion that Murphy "gave his all" last night. Watch that clip back of when he's through on goal, supposedly one of the fastest players we have, and he doesn't even stick the burners on.

He's soft as shit and I can understand why he always bottles taking his man on, because he gets knocked off the ball every time on account of being weak as a kitten.

It's wasters like him that will hold the club's transformation back. He'll cling on for dear life and so will other perennial underachievers like Ritchie, Lascelles,  Darlow etc because they know their next contract will be about 50% of their current wages if they're lucky and at a bottom end Championship club at best.

The three I namechecked above and also ones like Hayden, Gayle, Clark etc you can at least rack your memory and remember them having good games for us, the promotion season, standout performances as we consolidated under Rafa etc. I can barely recall Murphy having a good game for us once and his constant presence in the side even as a substitute will continue to hurt us until we sling the useless bastard out.

Don't think I have ever known a footballer with such limited thinking ability like him. He's like a student who supposedly knows maths but can't figure out what 1+1 equals when asked to answer.

Edited by nufcjb

At least with him, Burn, Longstaff, Anderson, Dummett and perhaps Gillespie there are more actual boyhood NUFC fans in the squad than any time in the last 25 years. Going back to Keegan’s time. Not the biggest deal in the world but good for the culture; enthusiasm, morale and buy-in. 

Edited by kingxlnc

12 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

That but at the end where he went to pick the ball up and kicked it out of his own hands was world class shithousing couldn’t have executed it better :lol:

Anyone got the clip of this? [emoji38]