Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

I just don’t see a PL player here, and I’m normally on the generous side with my assessments. You’ve got to have squad players I suppose but I always think a good litmus test is “would he get game time at another PL club?” - I’m not sure he would, and I don’t even mean a top half club. He’s so naive, rarely beats a man with his pace and seldom uses his other best skill (crossing) to any real effect. I hope this is the last season where he gets significant playing time. 

11 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would rather keep Fraser and get rid of Murphy. 

To be fair I think Fraser asked to play on the left instead of right, meaning Murphy became plan B behind Miggy. Fraser hasn’t been able to get a look-in on the left because he’s behind Joelinton and ASM. If he was happy to play on the right maybe he’d have played more than Murphy.

He's never looked a PL player whenever he's been on the pitch.- just doesn't have the speed of though required at this level. I do think he could do a good job for a Championship club.  

Nice lad, but we really do seem to only have a solid squad of 13 or 14. He's just not good enough.

You look to the bench and at best ASM and Anderson can come on and help improve the team/threat. 

Murphy’s an xG converter, he takes large amounts, e.g. 0.3xG and then breaks them down into smaller units within seconds of getting on the ball. It’s quite impressive 

Edited by gbandit

Stuck up for him a good few times. Thought he offered more than Fraser a lot of the time. But he is utterly hopeless. Takes an age to do anything and has no quality in the final third. 

Him playing in front of Lewis, who understandably looks a bit rusty and shaky. Is our weak link.