Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Genuinely the best piece of football he’s been involved in, he had to do a bunch of things right there and he did them all. None of it was incredibly difficult but it was nice to see him doing the simple things and doing them decisively 

Much like Fraser he is incredibly close to being great but isn't and likely will never have that breakthrough consistency and end product. I'm happy to keep him in the squad though for at least the rest of the season.

Never say never too, plenty ruled out Miggy and Joe.

I mean, I think anyone watching the match knew what he did. Jacob's biggest issue is his ball retention. He has no awareness of players closing him down or where teammates are for a safe layoff. He runs into dead ends and doesn't have the nous to win a throw or a corner off of it. 

He tries hard, he supported Newcastle as a kid, and he has exactly the right attitude. He's just not of the standard we need. I wish him no ill will, but we need to be doing better than Jacob Murphy. And that was before the takeover. 

Actually came on and made a difference again. He did the simple thing right, making the run and then threading a decent ball across goal. I’ve given Murphy a lot of shit but fair play to him for using 15 mins of game time in the last two games to make a difference

On 20/01/2023 at 10:10, GeordieDazzler said:

Allcott reckons that run being a dummy and Longstaff knocking it in is a drilled tactic. Never spotted it before.

We did this again today but Willocks ball in was fucking awful

6 hours ago, Theregulars said:

No; I hate the “looking for reasons” creeping back in with him. It’s a huge problem that he’s still getting regular minutes, just needs moving on and replacing with the same urgency just applied to Wood. 

I hate the finding a way to criticise players when they’ve played well. He’s previously had bad games I wont therefore rightly give him praise when he’s done well is weird way some fans go about things. 

He’s a squad player. If we’re going to compete at the top level he’ll need replacing. Also recognise when the lad has done well Ffs as it’s his (and others) contributions now that will get us to a place we want to be. Everyone plays a part. 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I hate the finding a way to criticise players when they’ve played well. He’s previously had bad games I wont therefore rightly give him praise when he’s done well is weird way some fans go about things. 

He’s a squad player. If we’re going to compete at the top level he’ll need replacing. Also recognise when the lad has done well Ffs as it’s his (and others) contributions now that will get us to a place we want to be. Everyone plays a part. 

Just don’t agree, I’ve not seen him play well. He’s not productive at all.