Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Just now, Ikon said:

He simply doesn’t have enough ability. While also one important ability of a footballer is understanding/decision making and much more.

Yeah, I think it's the understanding/decision making that really lets him down, a lot of the time it looks like he's just trying too hard to have a moment of glory rather than move the ball on quicker.

Physically he is really gifted and he has a knack for finding good spaces to get the ball played into him, but once he gets that ball ... the blinders go up and he just completely loses all sense and composure.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Eh? Anderson put in a good cross for Murphy, he won a corner from a pretty lost position and he controlled a bullet pass with ease from Longstaff and got a decent shot off that was blocked. That was all in twenty mins. Murphy had one good run inside and shot but apart from that he lost the ball countless times in promising positions. Fraser came on and experienced GBH so I can’t really comment on his 

I don't think think those things are that big a deal. He has promise but I don't think he's quite there yet, Fraser's the one to bring in for me. We both agree that Murphy should probably come out though,  it's a guttner for the lad but he's just not pushing on.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Anderson needs to go out on loan. He’s raw and not ready for the PL imo. 

I'd rather send Murphy out on loan tbh. Gateshead might be willing to take him.

Anderson will only go if we get more player signed in January, with the amount of injuries we have, can't afford to let anyone go.

Just now, Mazzy said:

I'd rather send Murphy out on loan tbh. Gateshead might be willing to take him.

Anderson will only go if we get more player signed in January, with the amount of injuries we have, can't afford to let anyone go.

Yes. We need to bring in a replacement for Murphy.  Get Anderson out on loan.  And Murphy back on the bench and close to a permanent exit 

I thought he had a couple of good moments like when he cut in for the shot first half but it was a frustrating night for the lad. Theres a player in there and I hope Eddie can flick the switch on for him soon ala Almiron.

He's not good like but he's not long for this place so we've just got to get on with it with a limited squad.

If Eddie cant get more out of him there's nothing there to squeeze out.  Just use his pace and effort for what we can for the time being.

Can’t hate on the guy as he doesn’t hide.

He’ll never be the player that provides the spark on his own but we have seen that he can be effective when the team is purring.

Still one of the first to go, unfortunately for him but we’ve had worse players and also plenty better than him who do hide when it’s not going well

• 2 weeks later...

You can see he has the potential of being on the same trajectory as Miggy. He is just getting closer and closer. 

Prime Murphy hitting the bar though. If I was drinking milk I would have snorted and spat it out everywhere. 

His time is likely nearly up though. We will sign another winger in January and he will be further limited for minutes. Great to see things so close to working for him. He has been great the past month or so.