Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

As much as I criticise him I'm also 100% sure that he's a post's width away from us all having a different opinion of him. :lol:

I only want him to do well and he did really well when he came on today, could easily have bagged himself a goal and an assist.

22 hours ago, 54 said:

"Standard" :lol:

I can relate to how he feels. The amount of times I aim for treble 20 and land a 1 is ridiculous. If I aim for 5 I hit 20s. Maybe he should try that, aim for centre of the goal and he’ll sneak it inside the post

If Miggy can turn in to Robben. Then I hope Murphy can become Ribery. His cameo was great. Still feel he can be muscled off the ball far too easy, but the way he used his speed to get away from ending up in those positions mostly was really great.

32 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Very humble and a lighthearted comment, good to see that.

Can't wait for him to score a goal, matter of time.

He scored in the previous home game against brentford [emoji38] how soon we forget

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

I hope someone is pulling him to one side and telling him that whatever he did on the left vs villa, do that always. 

He is effective in the games that are more stretched and open, its when teams park the bus he's struggled. Against villa though he did use his big attributes of pace and being direct, also isn't too bad with his left foot at crossing when he goes the long way around. 

I genuinely think he doesn't realise how quick he is. If he just forgot about doing something clever and played to his strengths by touching it past a fullback and trusting his pace he'd have far more success. He's particularly effective when the opposition is tired.

Edited by STM

Listening to that podcast with Howe, Murphy being the player who went back to Howe with his own list of non-negotiables was pretty funny. Teacher's pet :lol:

Jokes aside though, good on him for being somebody who clearly realised he needed a lot of help in terms of developing to where he wants to be as a footballer and has eagerly jumped at the opportunity to work under Howe. Hope it comes good for him, I don't think he's got enough about him to be a long term member of the first team squad but he'll probably be around another season after this. We've seen some improvement recently and if he keeps making steps forward he could yet turn into the footballer we hoped we were getting and have a decent career for himself.

1 hour ago, Jimburst said:

I havent listened to the whole pod yet, what was that about non-negotiables? 

Just three non-negotiable things for Howe that he expects of every player.

Always give your best, put the team first and be willing to learn and improve are Howe's.

He said on the pod after he went through it that Murphy came in afterwards with his own list. Think he said a few others did but Murphy was the one he mentioned by name.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

Just three non-negotiable things for Howe that he expects of every player.

Always give your best, put the team first and be willing to learn and improve are Howe's.

He said on the pod after he went through it that Murphy came in afterwards with his own list. Think he said a few others did but Murphy was the one he mentioned by name.

A Netflix subscription, a game boy and a curly wurly ?

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Touched the ball once in 15 minutes.

Horrific player that needs sold asap so we can stop bringing him on.

Harsh. Took a while for us to get the ball to ASM too when he came on. Also he was in acres of space near the end but longstaff chose to ignore him.