Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

All these people kicking off who would you play instead?  Obviously he's not good enough but without buying a new player not sure who else we can play.

Fraser, 100%. Or bring on Willock earlier and move Joelinton there. You could tell within 30 mins he was having a shitter. Ritchie embarrassed him today, if I was him I’d be asking questions of the manager how Murphy gets minutes ahead of him. He just doesn’t contribute anything positive.

2 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He possesses a staggering lack of awareness on the ball. 

It’s as if his legs are being controlled by that trouser contraption off Wallace and Gromit.

yep, that 1-on-1 he was clearly being controlled by a malevolent penguin on a failed goal-heist

7 minutes ago, Slim said:

All these people kicking off who would you play instead?  Obviously he's not good enough but without buying a new player not sure who else we can play.

I think we'll probably find someone after today.

There’s no conviction to him whatsoever. I don’t think he sincerely believes he belongs at this level, which compounds it. He’s also benefitted from significant time from 2 great improvers of players and good tactical minds in Rafa and Howe and he still makes such basic errors - not using his pace properly, poor finishing, poor crossing, lamentable decision-making, hiding in tough situations. He belongs to a time which we’ve moved on from, but the frustration is that unlike other players who fit that description, he gets loads of game time. He needs a move away and we need to move away from him, because it’s going to get ugly otherwise. 

1 minute ago, bhoywhonder said:

just re-saw that 1-on-1 where he totally bottled it. Jesus, Im in my 40s and I wouldve at least punted it it at the keeper's face! He just had a complete meltdown and shat himself. 

I'm 60 and I would have scored....nah, I would have fell over flat on my face and needed oxygen after running from near the half way line [emoji38] 

5 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I'm 60 and I would have scored....nah, I would have fell over flat on my face and needed oxygen after running from near the half way line [emoji38] 

well yeah, in my scenario it requires functioning limbs, I too would've keeled over after less than 5 minutes on the pitch. But that's not my paid job!

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bit harsh - not sure he’s a tosser.  He’s not a top quality footballer, no doubt there

Tosser of a player, not a bad lad I'm sure, just annoyed, but if you're a nufc fan since a nipper, you should play you're heart out for the shirt.

He just has nothing, but he's not on his own, there was 5 or 6 heartless performers out there.

I've said to myself, this is what you need to go through to become a top side, it's a weeding out process, we all know the Murphy Woods etc, will be gone in the near future.🤞🏻

Edited by mighty__mag
Cant spell

3 minutes ago, bhoywhonder said:

well yeah, in my scenario it requires functioning limbs, I too would've keeled over after less than 5 minutes on the pitch. But that's not my paid job!

I never knew you were that old Robin.

Still, Batman would be soo proud of you.

33 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I'm also 60, yea, same for me.

7 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

Heart the size of pea unfortunately.

Been saying this for months/years. Yep, he may not be a great footballer. But he bottles everything. It’s sheer cowardice.

If you’re a supposed Newcastle fan, you’d die to make every challenge, every 50/50 etc. You don’t need talent to have that basic instinct, which he doesn’t have. Pathetic really.

7 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Guys a tosser, not arsed if he wore a nufc baby grow, get rid.

7 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

Heart the size of pea unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Been saying this for months/years. Yep, he may not be a great footballer. But he bottles everything. It’s sheer cowardice.

If you’re a supposed Newcastle fan, you’d die to make every challenge, every 50/50 etc. You don’t need talent to have that basic instinct, which he doesn’t have. Pathetic really.

“die to make every challenge” my god!

Always baffles me after a loss when comments like this come out. It’s embarrassing. 

It also dispels this myth that we just demand players who put 100% in. Murphy always gives his all. He’s a squad player with limited ability, he clearly loves being here and gives everything - he’s just not great and it shows at times like tonight. Yet he gets destroyed for not being good enough. 

I feel like he’s shown his limited use as cover in that RW position as he’s put in some decent 7/10 performances lately. He’s got one of them in him like last night and was dreadful. 

Does he need replacing if we’re going to improve as a squad? Yes. It isn’t for want of effort though and the personal stuff makes is look like mugs.

14 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Always baffles me after a loss when comments like this come out. It’s embarrassing. 

It also dispels this myth that we just demand players who put 100% in. Murphy always gives his all. He’s a squad player with limited ability, he clearly loves being here and gives everything - he’s just not great and it shows at times like tonight. Yet he gets destroyed for not being good enough. 

I feel like he’s shown his limited use as cover in that RW position as he’s put in some decent 7/10 performances lately. He’s got one of them in him like last night and was dreadful. 

Does he need replacing if we’re going to improve as a squad? Yes. It isn’t for want of effort though and the personal stuff makes is look like mugs.

He does have the heart of a pea though? Nowhere did I discuss his ability or talent. 

His attitude isn’t the issue, you can see he wants to succeed and he loves the club, it doesn’t mean much for his performances though when he loses every 50-50 under the slightest pressure, or loses 70-30s in his favour without really contesting them. I genuinely don’t understand how he gets bullied off the ball so easily 

6 hours ago, St1pe said:

I did go back on that comment a few posts after, wasn't happy with his performance at all yesterday or most games, I think I've seen him perform once well this season or last, just infuriated me yesterday, along with Wood and one or two others. Sorry for being an embarrassment. 

He's a hard worker but his composure when with a chance is just terrible, when he had that one on one chance he didn't have the confidence to knock it past defender and race but rather tried to hold it up and couldn't keep the ball. His crossing is so poor too.