Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

move yedlin to lb

Has he played there before?

Klinsmann, the moron, loved playing him as a right winger for the U.S., but I don't recall ever seeing him on the left. Maybe occasionally for Seattle early on in his career.

Edit: seems he played LB for Spurs in a couple of preseason friendlies

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

So far he looks like exactly what you'd get for a cheap full back. One on one with wingers he's actually been good and is competent enough on the ball, but my god, does he understand the concept of off the ball movement? His tracking has been almost non-existent so far and every goal we've conceded so far has involved him losing a runner or not closing down enough to get a block or tackle in.

The goal today wasn't his fault to the same extent that they were Vs Spurs, but the same problems were there in the chances that came to nothing.

When's Yedlin back?

Soon hopefully. This lad looks every bit like he's been hopefully plucked from the bargain bin, which is exactly what we've had to do in the case of all our signings thanks to our piece-of-shit owner.

When's Yedlin back?

Soon hopefully. This lad looks every bit like he's been hopefully plucked from the bargain bin, which is exactly what we've had to do in the case of all our signings thanks to our piece-of-shit owner.

It's fucking daft like. Plucked from the bargain bin is the perfect analogy too.

We think we're been proper clever raking about at the bottom whilst the rest of those idiots are buying things off the shelf. In reality we've just pissed away about £30m on Starship Troopers sequels.

Carragher was having a go at him there later in the match.  Im guessing that he has a problem with him from the training grounds or something  :lol:

With how much coaching he has had, he shouldnt be getting sucked in like that. Imagine him doing that against  actually Prem quality  wingers? I mean he trained at Atletico Madrid where they preach defense at all times, trained with Liverpool (for better or worse defensively), then at Marseille, and finally at that hellhole down the way. I hope those mistakes get rectified. Or better yet Yedlin comes back and secures the spot.

Don't know about this one at all. No sure he's any better than Anita. 

That can't be right, Anita was the worst footballer to pull on the shirt last season. You can't have found someone as bad in the space of a couple of games.

Don't know about this one at all. No sure he's any better than Anita. 

That can't be right, Anita was the worst footballer to pull on the shirt last season. You can't have found someone as bad in the space of a couple of games.

Eh? As a FB Anita would sometimes look very accomplished (other time awful). 

Despite always playing fullback Manquillo seems surprised by some basic movement from wide players.  Looks tidy in possession without threatening.  I dunno about this signing tbh. 

Complaints when players back off, complaints when players close down... just sayin'

It's decision making, the better defenders know when to close down and when to drop off depending on the situation

Wish Manquillo had got a better connection on that pass across the box