Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Think Kenedy is too important a player for us to be getting vilified this much (not necessarily on here but I had a quick look on social media and it's a bit much - I know it's an ongoing debate but I can't help but think that stuff effects players, as they will absolutely read it).

Need to be behind our best players, and he's one of them for sure.

According to the man himself, what played a part in Kenedy coming back was fans commenting on his Instagram to come back and how much we like him etc.

Now I've seen some awful shite posted on his Instagram today, telling to fuck off back to Chelsea, that he's shit, never want to see him again and even one telling him to die. Like, fucking hell man. It has been happening since last season with Joselu et al and these absolute fucking cunts who claim to be fans, some of them grown men ffs, never learn. It's utterly embarrassing.

Thankfully I think the IG trolls have now been drowned out by positive messages.

Whipped out an English-Portuguese dictionary and posted one myself. :lol:

For some reason his performance has justified its own dedicated page on the BBC Sport website. ???

I’ve calmed down a bit now but this was without a doubt one of the all time bad performances in the Premier League. A game statistically that bad is extremely rare so you can see why this was justified.

For some reason his performance has justified its own dedicated page on the BBC Sport website. ???

I’ve calmed down a bit now but this was without a doubt one of the all time bad performances in the Premier League. A game statistically that bad is extremely rare so you can see why this was justified.

Jesus thats some nonsense youre spouting.

Aye he was crap yesterday, but flair players like Kenedy are going to have crap games. They're going to have gmaes where nothing goes right, they're off the pace and they cant produce. Thats the way it goes, especially with inexperienced players. After his performance and the free kick just before, he should have been nowhere near the pen. You could see his head was gone. Im not sure why he was taking it anyway.

Aside from that, I still think hes one of our best players. So much so that I dont think we'll be able to afford him next season. He's still raw, but he's got a lot about him. I dont agree that he's 'selfish or greedy' either, its just a case of running himself into trouble and not realizing the ball quick enough, but that'll come as he gets better.

Jesus thats some nonsense youre spouting.

Aye he was crap yesterday, but flair players like Kenedy are going to have crap games. They're going to have gmaes where nothing goes right, they're off the pace and they cant produce. Thats the way it goes, especially with inexperienced players. After his performance and the free kick just before, he should have been nowhere near the pen. You could see his head was gone. Im not sure why he was taking it anyway.

Aside from that, I still think hes one of our best players. So much so that I dont think we'll be able to afford him next season. He's still raw, but he's got a lot about him. I dont agree that he's 'selfish or greedy' either, its just a case of running himself into trouble and not realizing the ball quick enough, but that'll come as he gets better.

Not making a successful pass in a whole half of football is some shit like.

He never tried to pass the ball in the first half so that's where his 0% completion rate came from. Rafa needs to have a word with him, he doesn't need to try and beat the opposition team by himself every time. He's not Messi and he's not HBA.

Still angry about that penalty. How casual for someone who'd had such a shit game.

I never ever understand why a professional footballer can even think about taking a penalty that way just fucking leather it Shearer style it's past the keeper before he can move

Still angry about that penalty. How casual for someone who'd had such a shit game.

I never ever understand why a professional footballer can even think about taking a penalty that way just fucking leather it Shearer style it's past the keeper before he can move

Yeah, thats the way to take a penalty. Hard on either side and the keeper has no chance. Just like Shearer used to do and just like Kane does it as well.

Yeah, thats the way to take a penalty. Hard on either side and the keeper has no chance. Just like Shearer used to do and just like Kane does it as well.

Yup, and if you're not confident enough about being able to hit between the goal posts, practise it until you are.

That being said, so much overreaction on here for one bad performance :lol:

Can't remember which season it was but Shearer missed a load of pens as he started trying to place them instead.

Was speaking to someone about this earlier, from what we recall a free-kick was actually given against him for the 'kick', so does that mean he can't be charged? As the referee already gave a freekick for the incident? Or was it the fact the ref was largely clueless that he guessed a foul from the Cardiff man rolling around in agony? So means he can write in the report he had no clue what he'd given it for so there can be retrospective action?

Also found out that if he does get the three match ban the Chelsea game won't count towards it, as it's only games you're eligible for that count.

Whether it was complacency playing against what he thought would be a pushover Cardiff team or he just felt extra confident on that day, he decided that he wanted to try and be the man to win the game for us single handedly and it backfired massively, the way he refused to pass the ball but instead tried to take everyone on was infuriating, yes it was one bad game but the manner in which he had the bad game could have been completely avoided, Cardiff pretty much had his number throughout and he didn't get a sniff.

Would like to think Rafa is the sort of manager who could tell him this and is something that he will learn from and make him a better player.

Teams are clearly looking to target Kenedy - even Spurs were trying to rough him up a bit.  Unfortunately his reaction to that was 1) to lash out and 2) try and do everything himself.  I am sure he will learn from the Cardiff game and improve as a result of it.  At least he was still looking to take players on (however misguided this was) and had the nerve to step up and take the penalty, even though he'd had a bad game.