Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Really poor goal record. Deportivo last season were (yet again) woefully short on goals, and had one of the worst home records across the major leagues across Europe. The fact he played 24 games for them and only scored 6 goals isn't outstanding, however I think the team in general were quite poor.

4 goals in 27 Stoke appearances? Hmmm. He will have to do but it is very, very evident that he is simply top of our 'what money we have left' list. You never know he could be a canny signing but in reality £5m speaks for itself and at his age (27, which for us is unusual) I think it will very much be a case of you get what you pay for!

It was the same with Craig Bellamy, he was highly rated when he first came on the radar, then he had a season in the Premier where he didn't score many under Strachan I think. SBR still rated him though, took a punt and the rest is history. Joselu was highly rated when Stoke bought him right? Could be a similar situation here. Bobby Robson bought some duds as well btw, for those who are unconvinced by Rafa's signing record.

Aye, there was consternation when we paid £6M for Bellamy as he'd flopped big style for Coventry.

If we are all being serious, I doubt Joselu is going to be pulling up any trees but if he can add competition for Gayle and provide us with something different, it can't be bad.

I trust Rafa completely, he knows his onions.

Regarding his last season at Depor. He got a serious injury in the first league game and he never managed to get back in the side regularly.

That said, after trawling some Deportivo fan forums, they weren't too happy with him and his attitude. BUT as a former Celta boy, I'm not sure how partial they are. They DO say there's a talent in there though.

Also, I know that they will obviously love him to pieces, but after reading these Depor forums, I'm turned on Lucas Pérez. You should definitely sell the house for him.

He's not even remotely handsome, though.

If we are all being serious, I doubt Joselu is going to be pulling up any trees but if he can add competition for Gayle and provide us with something different, it can't be bad.

Let's just quietly forget about Sels, Laazar and Gomez

Never!

7ad158b7eb21d03175e3deb7eacb3b5a--adams-family-the-addams-family.jpg

Who do you suggest to sign for 5 million who is a guaranteed success?

I assume you mean Gamez?, who Benitez signed for almost nowt (or was it actually nowt?) as cover and was available all season as cover, so nothing at all wrong with that signing.

Sels was a mistake as was Lazaar apparently.  But if making two mistakes out of like 15-16 signings means a manager doesn't know his stuff then good luck finding a single manager ever who did.

Really poor goal record. Deportivo last season were (yet again) woefully short on goals, and had one of the worst home records across the major leagues across Europe. The fact he played 24 games for them and only scored 6 goals isn't outstanding, however I think the team in general were quite poor.

4 goals in 27 Stoke appearances? Hmmm. He will have to do but it is very, very evident that he is simply top of our 'what money we have left' list. You never know he could be a canny signing but in reality £5m speaks for itself and at his age (27, which for us is unusual) I think it will very much be a case of you get what you pay for!

Craig Bellamy was what.. 22? He created chances for himself and missed them while we had Shearer as our main man. If Coventry Bellamy was our main man today.. i'd be worried too and at least he was a handful.

It was the same with Craig Bellamy, he was highly rated when he first came on the radar, then he had a season in the Premier where he didn't score many under Strachan I think. SBR still rated him though, took a punt and the rest is history. Joselu was highly rated when Stoke bought him right? Could be a similar situation here. Bobby Robson bought some duds as well btw, for those who are unconvinced by Rafa's signing record.

I assume you mean Gamez?, who Benitez signed for almost nowt (or was it actually nowt?) as cover and was available all season as cover, so nothing at all wrong with that signing.

Sels was a mistake as was Lazaar apparently.  But if making two mistakes out of like 15-16 signings means a manager doesn't know his stuff then good luck finding a single manager ever who did.

Sels was supposedly a Carr recommendation anyway

Sels was supposedly a Carr recommendation anyway

Aye.

He is unusable.  I ain't sure what happened but his decisions and positioning during last game is absolutely shocking.  His form has been very bad and whilst we did give him the benefit of the doubt for his injury, that should be cleared by now.

Another several goals conceded and you will understand why we need a backup CB asap, especially when Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mbemba.

After no goals scored you will understand why we need a striker and number 10.

You also need to note that we have a shite keeper and left back, which kinda cause as many issues as a sometimes dodgy centreback.