Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

So are NUFC, it's a lot cheaper.

Can't grumble. Not doing such fancy videos is what allowed us to afford Joselu.

Those clubs pay for those videos. :lol: :lol: Remembering that just makes it funnier.

So are NUFC, it's a lot cheaper.

Can't grumble. Not doing such fancy videos is what allowed us to afford Joselu.

Those clubs pay for those videos. :lol: :lol: Remembering that just makes it funnier.

They also pay for players worth making videos for.

I reckon in this market he's probably good value for £5 million and will be better than expected.

The problem is even if he is, and chips in beyond expectations, it's still not really enough. He's a squad signing rather than an upgrade.

I reckon in this market he's probably good value for £5 million and will be better than expected.

The problem is even if he is, and chips in beyond expectations, it's still not really enough. He's a squad signing rather than an upgrade.

I'd say Lejeune-aside, all of our signings have been squad signings.  Was hoping for and expecting improvements to the first team.

Murphy and Merino are squad signings, but who could have the potential to grow into key players long term. I'm happier with signings of that mind. I think this one is more of an obvious squad signing, settling to just plug a gap.

Think once Merino is seen as up to speed by Benitez he'll be a regular and definitely improve the first team, I mean Colback was in our first team most games last season.  Given a bit more time same goes for Murphy IMO.

Murphy and Merino are squad signings, but who could have the potential to grow into key players long term. I'm happier with signings of that mind. I think this one is more of an obvious squad signing, settling to just plug a gap.

Aye, I'd be a lot happier if we made 2 or 3 more signings like Merino or Murphy.

Just hoping we'll be one of those lush teams with no big names. Just a good unit.

Id settle for that and be happy with it tbh.  Until next year, the real test is next season if we stay up.

I liked Joselu, he seems like a good signing and the few times i saw him he look good, but we do need a proper number #10 to provide him and the rest of the strikers with some service. the same guy who's picture is on this page is available or so i hear.

For the price we've paid, this signing is a no-brainer. A technical and strong Spanish player who will listen to Rafa and apply himself? Come through the ranks at Real Madrid? Already knows the language and the league? 5 million? They should have charged us triple that tbh.

Welcome Joselu. Please don't be shit.