Other clubs' transfers

Greg

No idea why they bought Coutinho to begin with tbh, he's not a great playmaker and i think they'll see that eventually. He's great at creating space for himself but he constantly has tunnel vision and looks to create shots for himself instead of passing.

For the amount of money they spent i would have thought they'd buy someone who actually has his head up once in a while.

I don't know. For me he seems to fit right in and is able to be a key player for at least five years. With Iniesta and Xavi out and Messi and Suarez at the wrong side of 30 they're bound to need some replacements. There really aren't many players in the world capable of that but I'd like to think that Coutinho is one of them. I'm just honestly not sure if getting rid of him and having 400m in the bank instead helps that situation. Just goes to show how mad money in football has become even entertaining the thought of not selling someone for 400m :lol: After all it's just a question of what money can really buy you. I guess it makes sense in terms of the Nou Camp renovation.

€400m is the release fee. Not really much to do if PSG matches that. We reportedly turned down the €270m.

Football gone mad. Can't wait for the first 1 billion player within the next decade. :lol:

€400m is the release fee. Not really much to do if PSG matches that. We reportedly turned down the €270m.

Football gone mad. Can't wait for the first 1 billion player within the next decade. :lol:

We'll still be trying to haggle over £1m for £5m rated players. :lol: :(

It's infuriating and staggering and quite frankly fucking embarrassing  that average premier league teams are spending more than double our transfer record on players that are nothing special

We can't be so poor that we cant compete with anyone in the league for transfers because that is now where we see ourselves at

Something is tragically not right

Surely Coutinho wants to stay at Barca for a bit?

He’s from Brazil. He’ll go where the money is.

As if it’s any different for English or German players.

It is like. English players stay in England because everywhere else is forrin. Forrin = bad.

It is like. English players stay in England because everywhere else is forrin. Forrin = bad.

English players also stay in England because they are simply not good enough to play abroad

English players also stay in England because they are simply not good enough to play abroad

:lol: nonsense. Most leagues are choc full of shit. Our shits are just as good as those forrin shits.

:lol: nonsense. Most leagues are choc full of shit. Our shits are just as good as those forrin shits.

It's probably more to do with wages. English teams usually bring players from abroad either because they're very good players or because they're far cheaper than their English counterparts. Teams abroad would have no need to pay extra for an English player when they can get a French/Dutch/Belgian equivalent for less. Generally speaking, the only reason they would be after an English player is if they're the best out there/in their position - most of which are first team players at big clubs in the Premier League anyway so those moves rarely come about.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's a shame really, he was/is a very good player. I remember when he played against barca and he was very young and was so good against the quality of their midfield. I don't really understand how it turned out this way for him. Injuries i guess

Likes/liked a bit of sniff sniff...