Other clubs' transfers

Greg

People look at our defensive record last season and think defenders aren't what we need, but if you look at the amount of saves and shots De Gea had to face it'll show you just how lacklustre the back four really was. Young has done a good job for being a converted winger but ultimately isn't good enough. Valencia is getting on now despite having a few good seasons. I've lost all faith in Jones and Smalling. Two donkeys. Bailly is the only one of the back four who is of the highest quality, and he struggles with fitness. I'd like Lindelof to partner him this season if we go in with the players we have.

In regards to Maguire he's a good CB but good isn't really what we need to catch up with City (and probably Liverpool now). £60m is nuts. For that sort of money you'd be looking at someone of a much higher quality. Unfortunately he's going to be an upgrade on what we have now and we'll probably buy him. I'd only really be happy with it if Jones and/or Smalling are sold to fund the deal.

In regards to Maguire he's a good CB but good isn't really what we need to catch up with City (and probably Liverpool now). £60m is nuts. For that sort of money you'd be looking at someone of a much higher quality.

You have the money. So why worry about value. Even with the crazy deal you offered Alexis, isn't your wages to turnover (or revenue, dunno which one) lower than 50%.

How much?

No idea. They're supposed to want 70M+ according to the usual bullshit, but my nearly-completely-random guess would be 60M or so. Presumably Chelsea would offer appreciably more wages, and weirdly he might have a better chance of a regular starting berth there if the rumours about Hazard and Willian being off are true.

You would assume he's better off at Chelsea?

Son, Alli, Erikkson and Kane - set in stone

Lamela and Lucas to come in

Hazard, Giroud, Willian

Pedro, Morata, Batshuyai, Cesc

Doubts over quite a few of the Chelsea players???

Rumour is that Palace have accepted both Chelsea's and our offer for Zaha, and now it's up to him to choose.

Palace would be fucked if he goes. Also I don’t think either move would be good for him, I think he’s already shown that he’s better being a big fish in a little pond than a little fish in a big pond.

Guest firetotheworks

£60m for Zaha isn't all that bad at all tbh. He regularly gets goals, assists, and pens and scares the shit out of opposition defenders. It's the mentality side of things that's the only concern considering how different he is when he's the big fish as opposed to a little one.