Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Coutinho, Kamara, Carlos, Buendia, Martinez, Cash, Digne is some serious strength in the first team IMO.

Right now we are a couple of players behind that with Joelinton, Trippier, Wilson, Bruno and ASM.

Significantly better manager though.

Edited by STM

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'd love to see us gatecrash the top 6. I'd prefer to see Villa just crash tbh, not gonna lie.

Well yeah I hope all the other 19 clubs crash if we're being reductive. Realistically us and Villa are the only two who might do it and breaking that structure is good for the league imo.

I hope our Board is taking a look at Villa and the speed and efficiency at which they close deals. The quicker players are signed, the quicker they can bed in. That said, I hope the calmness about our approach speaks to really meticulous planning to get the right profiles analysed and scouted to “buy right, buy once”. 

Awfully jealous of Villa’s hauls these past days though, not gonna lie.

23 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fuck that I wish nothing but failure for those cunts. Fuck them.

Wasnt arsed about Diego Carlos either. Rather Botman.

Glad someone said it!

Be interesting to see their accounts next few years. They were sailing close to the wind re FFP in January from what I remember.

Edited by DoricGinola

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not with that melt in their dugout imo. 

Funny enough I think Howe would do wonders with that Villa side too. It's full of attacking talent and now they're tightening up the defence. Still they'll be hard to beat next season under Gerrard.

22 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Guarantee if we had signed Coutinho, Kamara and Carlos before the window had opened ….you would be creaming your pants  

infact we all would 

No I wouldn’t, I didn’t want him in January so why would I want him in the summer ?

22 minutes ago, TRon said:

I really liked Carlos, very fast and physical. He might be 30 but he'll give them three very good years IMO.

Will struggle massively in this league imo, looks like he has a mistake in him every game.

Very impressive from Villa. Has to be said, still don't think Gerrard is man to get best out of them, but admire their determination and haste at getting deals done for quality.

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Gerrard is the huffy faux-disciplinarian who will lose the dressing room if they hit a bad patch of form imo. 

This. Was fed up with this tough guy persona he was desperate to show off at Rangers. Seems fake, like he wants to be known as this no nonsense hardcore English manager. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

This. Was fed up with this tough guy persona he was desperate to show off at Rangers. Seems fake, like he wants to be known as this no nonsense hardcore English manager. 

Ironic considering he felt Rafa was cold and didn't tell him he was god every ten minutes.

19 minutes ago, Decky said:

Souness Jr? Success at Rangers then absolutely blows up in the Premier League, maybe nicking the odd League Cup at one of his five clubs.

19 minutes ago, hakka said:

Ironic considering he felt Rafa was cold and didn't tell him he was god every ten minutes.

Yeah but Rafa is a weirdo forrin with intellect so it's just not on. When you're a Proper Football Man through and through it's just a bit of tough love.

Bit harsh on Gerrard some of this stuff.

His training methods are miles off the traditional British managers - for a start, we've got a huge coaching staff (you may recall Danny Murphy scoffing at the fact we have a dedicated set piece coach on MOTD) and use stats and analytics massively. He's miles away from MON with his bibs and cones or Bruce.

Based on his time with us, the season since his joining date, we'd be 9th.

I am still undecided on him, but if there's any doubt, it's not around him being the typical English manager of days gone by - he's no Souness.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Bit harsh on Gerrard some of this stuff.

His training methods are miles off the traditional British managers - for a start, we've got a huge coaching staff (you may recall Danny Murphy scoffing at the fact we have a dedicated set piece coach on MOTD) and use stats and analytics massively. He's miles away from MON with his bibs and cones or Bruce.

Based on his time with us, the season since his joining date, we'd be 9th.

I am still undecided on him, but if there's any doubt, it's not around him being the typical English manager of days gone by - he's no Souness.

I hope every team in English top flight already has a set piece coach? And use analytics massively? Well, maybe not Bruce but every other manager in EPL....

2 decent signings them and as been said most be happy if we'd signed them

No need for people to get their knickers in a twist cos we've signed nobody yet like

It's gonna be January allover again this