Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I think Paqueta will turn them down he's waiting to see if one of the big boys come in. 

He was disappointed with Lyon finishing 8th last season apparently so he wants to play at a higher level. 

West Ham I can't see them going past their ceiling of the past few years. Might be last season they play in Europe for a while. 

I can see Spurs or Liverpool coming in, maybe even Man City.

I do hold out hope that we'll come in last minute though.

Honest question - if the choice was only two teams, would he choose us over West Ham, given the two teams' recent past vs potential?  

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

Paqueta to West ham is off according to SSN.

Hopefully that's true, be gutted if he ended up at West Ham, I think he's the creative spark that we need. He'd be immense with Bruno and maxi link up.

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Mehrdad is in London today, interestingly...

As are Paqueta's representatives... 

just posted an IG story about walking the streets after a stressful day in London…

Confident we’ll swoop in last second for Paqueta, hence the JP deal being dead. I mean the rumour is around £50m for Paqueta. £20m more than JP. No brainer. Unless we’re confident of getting Gallagher and Pulisic or something on loan. 

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

The issue with Paqueta for lots of clubs is his time at Milan. Maybe that’s why we seem to be holding off.

Why would that be a problem? Seems highly unlikely given that we just smashed the record transfer fee for someone who also had a failed passage in a club only a few seasons ago.

37 minutes ago, Flip said:

Why would that be a problem? Seems highly unlikely given that we just smashed the record transfer fee for someone who also had a failed passage in a club only a few seasons ago.

cmon NUFC steal the Paqueta deal plz!!

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Confident we’ll swoop in last second for Paqueta, hence the JP deal being dead. I mean the rumour is around £50m for Paqueta. £20m more than JP. No brainer. Unless we’re confident of getting Gallagher and Pulisic or something on loan. 

Why not both Paqueta and Pulisic? ?